A Simple Super Soil Mix Recipe by Yoshi for great quality premium buds and no tip burns!

Now look at that beauty :heart_eyes:! If I could only grow one in my yard like this shew ! But they won’t let us but right across the line they let them do it and I’m the one helping with all the feeding and watering shew. That is a monster !

12 Likes

Let me know what you need and I’ll try to help.

2 Likes

I’m going to have 6 of those pretty soon… :thinking::+1::smile::shushing_face::man_facepalming::man_shrugging::grin::wink::upside_down_face::smirk::green_heart:
Just a few hundred bucks and all good… :wink::+1:
I just love a challenge… :grin::upside_down_face::smirk::wink::+1::green_heart:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Whats the 3-6-9-12 rule of you don’t mind me asking???

@Shannon32

I think thats the guide to plant manipulation he attempts to keep.

Week 3 Topping
Week 6 Cropping
Week 9 Defoil/topping
Week 12 Defoil

If I have it right? @Yoshi

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 that is absolutely correct , your plants grow so healthy and stress in the right growing stages gives you a bigger yield of course but if it’s not done in moderation , it’s more of a loss than a gain . Each time you stress the plants to much , is an average of 30 grams of bud weight lost . By learning that , even if your plant reveg double the size , that’s still an over all average of potency as well . After reading this valuable info many moons ago , I started timing my touches on my plants and writing down everything done . I was mind fucked on how many times I had cut :scissors:, trim, picked , bent , are some kind of touching and just started thinking :thinking:, how you expect something to become greater when each time I touch it , I was reducing t he max or full potential of the plant :potted_plant:. So over time , I developed this 5 T’ s and the 3-6-9-12 and I applied each T to a week and a touch to maximized bud weight and potency and to my surprised , cause I just be thinking :thinking:, it work almost so flawlessly it really don’t make sense why nobody else has mimic that or cone to realization on how great the method works . Until you follow it in your own terms , it’s proof to be proven , my Lil babies always grows nice and healthy and strong . And I have another valuable suggestion for most beginners or rookies , are novice growers in soil .
It’s the watering schedule , many follow what’s written almost water , water , feed , and it really does work in that order , but I think many many growers are over watering to early in seedling :seedling:and vegging , is what’s causing so many issues and defiencies and ph swings , plus nutrient lock outs . Most who grow in 3 gallon or 5 gallon I think be over watering they plants much to soon in my opinion .
For an example , many water in a 3 gallon after transplanting the plant to its final pot , which most used 3 gallons.
Many will water that 3 week old - 8 weeks old vegging plant with a full gallon of water each watering or feeding ? That might be where many problems start at right there by using 1 full gallon to early on in veg , it’s to much water in the soil to dry under Led lights and low air movement, so in 2-3 days they are ready to water again and it’s no way a 4 week old plant has used a full gallon of water in a 3 gallon pot in 3 days unless the Temperature is running in the high 90’s , if the Temps are lower than 82° in a 3 gallon it may take 5 days to used a full gallon of water in a temperature of 76°- 81° on average , and I thinks this is where the common issues of burnt tips and calcium burns from calmag every watering is causing a lot of growers to harvest and smoke so very harsh , black ashes burning buds that don’t have much resin in the buds for a better potency.
I only used 1 liter of ph water :droplet: or nutrients if I’m feeding , which in veg I don’t used much liquid nutrients at all , but in bloom I do sometimes , just depends on what strain or type .
I measure my nutrients are water in a one gallon jug and I split that gallon between 4 plants :potted_plant:. Each plant gets a full one liter until the second week in bloom is about when a plant should be drinking almost a half of gallon by this stage week 4 in Flower is when I start using a full gallon per 3 gallon pot , and the results speaks for themselves to those who ate willing to put these simple tactics , strategies and methods to the test in soil , will make growing through much easier and simpler to where it becomes fun .

9 Likes

I’m deff going try n the 3-6-9-12 rule an that means only messing with the ladies once. Cause the more we touch n fiddle the more potency we loose???

2 Likes

I usually don’t touch anything after 3 weeks from light flip if possible…
Hard to say…
Never done any of this before…
I just might try it and let you know how it go’s…
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

What are the 5 T’s?

Topping , Training , Trimming , Trellis , Tuck !
Week 3 from when the seedling first pop up above dirt = Top ?
Now many growers start counting vegging time , when in fact the first 2 weeks is official considered seedling :seedling: time which I don’t count as vegging ! Just another snippet! @Gunther11 .
After topping at week 3 which is the first week of vegging time right :white_check_mark:?
Now if you vegging for 4 weeks to light flip , week 6 should be officially the third week after the light schedule is flip to 12/12 from vegging schedule 6/2 ! If you not running 6/2 in veg could be why many of you guys harvest less than 4 ounces cause the plants are not fully matured according to calendar time on growing tragedies on how they calculate a plants life cycle , this was my first problem . When my plants first popped up , I start the vegging clock :alarm_clock: and the first 2 weeks you lose in flower cause you go into bloom 2 weeks early than required . This is also a big problem with growers following the Fox Farm nutrient chart and ppm’s I think :thinking:.
Week 3 top !
Week 6 defoliate !
Week 9 is the third week after light flip ; trim & trellis !
Week 12 last schwazzy trim and tuck !

4 Likes

Well my gold leaf fem jus sprouted today so I got perfect time to try this 3,6,9,12 I can’t wait

2 Likes

@Calizona man you better soak you some depends diapers in ice water , Dude this is just the freaking beginning and the West coast is in a bad drought of water :droplet:? Help me understand this shiet ! They can make it rain in Vietnam for 4 years straight to flood out the Viacon right to get an upper advantage on the jungle cause of the life loss of casualties , they was winning, so the Corp of Engineers used “Cloud Seeding” to get a more amphibious advantage on the enemy . But they cannot make it rain in California , a Pacific and Gulf Coastal state and it’s hot , dry , mountainous valleys and no water , something is not making common sense here , seems like it’s a part of an agenda to interfere with agricultural purposes on the west coast . At one time all vegetables were premium coming from the west coast and now it’s no water period ! But they can make it rain and still a drought why ?

4 Likes

@Buck29048 I’m more excited than you cause once you learn that method , you’ll be growing crazy harvest and I won’t be able to keep up lmao no in all honesty , once you see how laid back and simple growing can be , it’s not a daily task of hoping everything is okay in the grow . No ! You go into the grow room ready to execute the next process verses finding problems , at this point any problem is not extreme but more less a need , which makes growing more interesting. You really get to see the structures and genetic profiles of the plants in full maturity indoors.
Due to indoors being a more growers control verses outdoors a more environment control grown plant . Meaning most indoor growers are growing on a time base schedule for a purposeful harvest. The 3-6-9 rule is more for a bigger bountiful harvest of allowing the genetic profile of the plants to come out more by touching them less . Being that most cultivators have to control certain types with trimming , training , or trellis, can also cause different mutant characteristics to come out from the added stress to the plants growing structure to create a more bountiful harvest , cause to much of something can be just that to much .
I learned that if you let them grow more on they natural structures with less stress in a more calculated timing phase in the plants growth life cycle by the timidity of days and weeks and root building as the plants progress, by timing those infractions , you are still allowing the plants to show the molecular structure of the geology to produce quality potent buds for medicinal used . Now if you want a big massive cola plant :potted_plant:and it’s forced in a short growing schedule of 6-8 months , can altimeter affect the potency , and the over all quality but the buds will still look amazing and can be very bountiful big nugs , but the high may last 2 hours maybe 3 , when a more less touch plant of the same strain has a more high balance of 3-5 hours , and less bud consumption to get better medicinal properties for the patients .

3 Likes

7 Likes

Thats awesome thank u for spending all that time writing thank you an u kno I have notice I felt I was neglecting her but really I’m jus letting her do her thing n now n then I trim but really jus water n feed
. my 2northern lights she turn to be bigger n more buds than the northern lights I LST an trimmed… But yea I really can’t wait till like u said I really kno what I’m doing… I love growing… But yea I notice that the buds I picked that seemed right by trichs but early on calendar got my buZZED n my girl sacked but it didn’t last long n by time got to lower branches barely felt some of them BuT ones I felt weren’t bad.not forbmy first rushed grow but now I’m wait my blueberry ilgm auto is 7wks n 2 days an northern lights an other blueberry are 7wks n6days in flower I jus keep feeling like I’m doing something wrong… I like your set up what ya got going there??? @yoshi

1 Like

Day 5 from light flip in the first week of transition which I do not count as flower time. It’s about to be a crowded mess in the next two weeks , I can already see it happening .

5 Likes

Yea your deff going have a packed house in there…an by chance how long would you usually let a photo veg for ???I kno its technically up to us after a month orso

By the way your hose coming in thru the back what that for

Just an update on this simple super soil mix recipe from seed to harvest .
Today marks first 7 days in the first week of transition from vegging to flowering .
Since I’ve added the octagon shape Led drop lights, which is 160Watts each of 6000K bright white led to add 320watts of white light to the grow tent is really making a bug difference from running the grow with just the 3 Lights I has starting out.
The funny part is the lights were bought for the patio in the yard , and when I saw on the box 6000k bright white , a bell went off :flushed:?
I had no clue they would work to my surprise , they are really adding that extra foliage growth and I still have blue and Red and UV and more bright white light , so the added light I think is making a difference from previous .
All the close up are budding tulips showing pistils and starting to produce trichomes like crazy :crazy_face:, I think is from the extra white bright led lights , which will be a bonus if just the added white light can help trichome production to hmmm , it’s looking to be very frosty in here in mid summer :wink:, which will be a good thing.
I also been thinking :thinking:, and now I have a better understanding of why the Jack’s line is so good , due to the Epsom salt minerals .
To all of those who are following this thread or journal, get the word out on Epsom Salt

10 Likes