A second time grow here and psyched

Your Girls look fantastic man :star_struck:, in spite of the bonsai wire. Was wondering how they’d fare once I read your post on it.
I had just seen a show on tv about bonsai, talk about patience, I thought I was making strides w this plant but a 5+ year endeavor, that’s Patience.

Hope you’re feeling better & Good luck going forward, getting chilly here in long island as well. :v:

1 Like

Could you imagine waiting 2 years to see if your topping took? LMAO

1 Like

7 Likes

:laughing: :rofl:…No! :grin:

So on Wednesday we had a soaking storm come through my area followed by high winds and toppled my Durban Poison. She was going to be harvested this weekend but… with this weather I had to take her down and start the drying process.

This was the main cola the day before.

Can you all smell these pictures?

3 Likes

Good job on your grow. I’m also in MA. Super skunk does great in our area. It doesn’t seem bothered by rain and gets huge. I had a few leaves with pm and just cut them off.

1 Like

I had caused myself a problem but the colas did show signs they were nearly done with most pistils being brown. The Durban Poison grows really nice here. I have a Maui still in the pot growing and she is at least another 2 weeks away.

2 Likes

I wonder are you local? I live in N Worcester county.

I’m in Middlesex county.

1 Like

What are you doing man… Get your email off?? You’ll get messaged man !!!

1 Like

Great read and enjoyed the pics :eyes: @Oldsoldier1976 good grow you had going on , bet you got some decent bud outa the harvest ! Have a good Navy buddy in MA , Plymouth Rock . Have been there a few times over the years for visits , nice country ! Take it easy n High Times brother :v:

1 Like

@jjs yeah not bad considering my screw up. They are just about cured enough for smoking. I would estimate I got about 1 pound between the two plants. Maybe a tad over. I have a fun grow planned for next year. Going for 3 plants in my house but I am going to start 15 seeds I bought from here. I have some friends that plan to carry on some of my seedlings. Cherry Pie, Wedding Cake and Girl Scout Cookie are the strains I am growing next year. On top of that is we are not planning on flying anywhere this summer coming. So I plan to be a lot more active with a grow.

As for this part of the country, I agree wholeheartedly. I was born up in this corner and found this lovely patch of land in a legal cannabis state retired. You can’t get better than that.

1 Like

Congrats , an lb. is a excellent harvest. My first grow I started 2 seedlings but only one made it thru the grow , after a challenge of my first time out the gate here I ended up with about 4 1/2 oz…at least it was good primo smoke. This time , I’ve got two good plants going and without to many hiccups I hope I’ll get a lb .
You n family are lucky , looks like a nice spot you found ! I spent 4 years of my Navy career in Maine . Love New England . Look forward to seeing more grows @Oldsoldier1976 , I definitely enjoy watching the outdoors growing . I can’t participate here in a Illegal state and too risky , so I’m stuck with a tent in the basement…but gotta do what we gotta do ! Agree with you being retired also , this is a great hobby :v:

1 Like

I am resuming my growing again this year. We are not leaving for the summer so this year I have planned an interesting grow. I bought the Baker’s Mix from here on ILGM and I am germinating all 15 seeds. I plan on only growing 3 plants but all of the surviving plants will go to good homes. I have several friends that like the fact that they will have early starting plants to plant in their yards.

The seedlings were put in the ground on Sunday 24 Jan afternoon and today Wed 27 Jan all 15 seedlings have germinated and are beginning to poke up above the ground. It is a good sign. I do hope though they do not grow this fast for the next 2 months. I will quickly run out of space if that should happen. If it does than my friends will have to come get their plants.

Just to catch up with everyone and to new folks this is my third grow. The first two summers I left the plants to grow on their own with minimal attention as I was traveling abroad to South Korea. Well this year we are not going there until later in the year. We will be around to grow and I have some very interesting projects lined up for the spring. I will keep it a surprise for now.

3 Likes

Jumping on this train early!

Keeping an eye on these. So far it looks like 13 of the 15 have broke ground. I have hope for all 15. I have some friends that would love to have a plant or two or three. Should not be hard to find good homes. But I should also not count my girls before they stabilize and are in their summer homes. That is still a long way off. I am not putting up my tent. The area I have the girls in is my furnace room. I have no other place and well it is very warm so they should be okay. I don’t want them to grow too big too fast. They will not be ready to harvest until middle of October.

1 Like

Interesting to see them in a time lapsed way. Some showed a bit more growth than others. Those that didn’t show much growth stretched a little but… seemed to put more green on.

The lighting schedule they are on is a 6 on 6 off at the moment. I am hoping that the two seeds that have not popped surface yet do so sometime today. Only time will tell.

It looks like I certainly will be having Cherry Pie this coming winter. I hope for a decent harvest more than last year and as good in comparison to 2019. Too early to tell but This is similar to how I started in 2019 having seedlings in the soil in February.

3 Likes

Whattt!!! Only 15? I see 20-21 open spaces , lol. They look great.

1 Like

Well we are not actually allowed more than 12 per house so technically I am breaking the law. That being said however, these are all photo’s I am looking at an auto or two to grow outside as well this summer. It is way too soon to start those especially if I still have a pound of weed left from 2020 and an ounce of 2019’s grows. LMAO.

2 Likes

Leaves are starting to spring out. A couple a bit ahead of the others. I haven’t watered them since planting. The top of the soil feels that it is still moist. I have the lighting set now at 8 on 4 off for a while. Wanting to keep these guys small. It won’t be warm enough to start letting them see sunlight for 2 months so my small LED light will be all they get until then.

3 Likes