A question of...yoghurt

Here is that topic.

You can find raw milk at health food stores. It’s labeled not for human consumption, but that’s for legal purposes.

They say you can use skim milk, but I believe any process other than a filter kills everything that is truly beneficial.

Try it yourself. I plan to when my outdoor grow starts. I plan on using raw, but perhaps I’ll try a comparison. Skim would be cheaper since raw costs around $10US for a half gallon here.

Check it out…

6 Likes

Ok, I’m gonna try this. Starting a new grow with Strawberry Haze, I’ll wait til I have 5 nodes and than start adding maybe 1/2 a teaspoon of yoghurt (which will also lower my constantly high Ph) per liter of water, and if it doesn’t seem to be negatively affecting the plant, I’ll add a bit more. I’ll be using coco coir, so I’ll add the yoghurt mix alternating with nutes. Should be interesting to say the least!

4 Likes

I’ll be interested in seeing a side by side comparison.

3 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that really, a real scientific experiment. 2 plants under the same conditions, one yoghurtized and one not, as a control. Cool! Thanks for the idea, I’ll be glad to run an info thread about the…experience.

3 Likes

@DieHigh55 I will follow your topic with great interest :heart_eyes::wink::innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you, so will I.

Please tag me when you start it so I can track it. I’m finding it difficult to track so many now that I don’t track all the topics anymore.

I always love when a comment helps someone…

2 Likes

I know of milk being used at a 50/50 or 60/40 water,milk for treatment of powdery mildew

I remember when I was a kid my older brother did a science experiment with pinto beans…one was only given water and the other pot was watered with straight milk… the ones only watered with milk grew faster then all of a sudden they started to smell rotten and wilted and died…the one with water key on growing till he stopped watering them

Certainly will, bro, very excited about this project. Sprouting 2 seeds now, as soon as they pop I’ll start …THE YOGHURT CHRONICLES. Maybe a blog would be better? Suggestions? (I don’t even know how to tweet or twitter…duh)

1 Like

I imagine they would stink after a while, rotten milk tends to do that. I plan on starting with 1/2 teaspoon of yoghurt per liter of water to start, and maybe only alternate waterings. Havent decided yet.

1 Like

Should be interesting to watch
I’ll be watching for sure lol

1 Like

I just hope I don’t forque anything up, how embarrassing!

1 Like

Yeah, this forum is as close as I get to “social media”. I would just start a new topic here.

2 Likes

It’s a science experiment you can’t screw up lol
You can only prove if it works or doesn’t work :wink:
And you may just get pleasantly surprised :flushed: lol​:+1:
A new thread would be best so we can all follow from day 1 :grin:

1 Like

I believe in Murphy 's 5th Law…If something can be screwed up, I am the one to do it.

4 Likes