A problem, dread bud rot

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I was wondering if you could please advise me on my current situation.
I have a plant which is mid flowering and she’s packing on the trichromes and looking so good! However I have encountered a problem, dread bud rot.

I’m outdoors, organic grow, can only tend to my plant ever few days. My question is, should I pull the plant whole plant for an immature harvest? Or try cut and control?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

That’s a nice looking plant. I’ve never had to deal with bud rot but everything I’ve read is it can spread rapidly. you can try cutting the offensive buds out but that’s no guarantee .
Lets ask a expert @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @Hogmaster

1 Like

The plant does look nice but sad to say bud rot can destroy a whole crop over night

I lost most of my outdoor grow last season to bud rot myself sadly

Your outdoors so controlling temperatures and humidity is not a option best i can suggest is make sure you prune the plant enough that you open it up to air and try to keep buds from touching anything that would allow moisture to build up and prevent airflow
Best to remove any affected areas but be gentle the spores can spread very easily
if you keep losing bud after trying the above to rot i would pull the plant early myself but yield and potency will be affected as im sure your aware
Good luck and best wishes
:v:CB

3 Likes

New avatar, nice CB @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

Thanks @Zombo temporary till they mske my avatar like the other mods

2 Likes

You can treat it by soaking with a mild peroxide or baking soda solution but you are adding moisture so sometimes you have to weigh that factor.

Watch your weather forecast, put a fan on it if you can and do whatever you can to keep her dry. You really want 25 to 30% RH during flower.

Harvest it if you can’t check it a couple times a day. That stuff can spread like wildfire.