A pair of mars 2000's in a 4x4

Hey all, I’ve been successfully running a single mars hydro 2000 it pulls 300 watts. I’m in a 4x4 tent I can add another to push 600 watts that should be good? Not too hot, running an AC Infinity 6". Any input welcome :v::grin: @dbrn32 @CoyoteCody @peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @Nicky

3 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

So yeah double my lighting since I’m already killing it in there with one light, just pulled almost 7 zips off one gal. :grin:

Sounds awesome tons of light , should contact mars hydro bro :sunglasses: since it looks like you trust the brand , maybe provide them with some content… get sponsored? Maybe

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

@dbrn32 thanks for your blessing LOL 600 watts in 4x4 is plenty, right light guru?

1 Like

1 Like

It’s a fair amount yeah, all depends on light distribution as well.

Ideally ide like to run strip lights on two 320xl panels, two of those lights will be good to.
The spider farmers probably better to be honest but again not my first choice. However if you want to keep it symmetrical due to OCD then yeah its fine.

1 Like

@dbrn32 could please share your wisdom as to which of these two would be best? The Mars 2000 or the Viaparspectra xs2000

1 Like

I don’t know what efficacy is, but in most cases yes.

1 Like

Not sure. Vipar light is fairly new, and mars has a few different “2000” models. It does look like vipar comes with meanwell hlg driver, which is same i usually build with. The drive would be superior to drivers I’ve seen come on mars lights.

2 Likes

@dbrn many thanks for your patience and advise.

could you suggest a LED light that would be a good match for the Meanwell hlg driver for a 4’x4’x72" tent.
I am trying to transition from HID to LED…and keep it poor boy affordable.

2 Likes

You are looking for led module that fits a meanwell driver that you already have? Or want a light that comes with a meanwell driver?

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh I love Mars-Hydro and would love a 2nd ts-1000 in my tent. How do I get a sponsor? :laughing:

1 Like

Just email them send them info , if you have a Channel on YouTube or something , they obviously want you social media pull and content that you are creating for them about their stuff like growing and showing the results, it they like them etc …

2 Likes

Effiancy 2.2 umols/j per light. So twice that covering 4x4. A true 600 watts from wall. Should be a game changer - no? I’m doubling lighting in same space.

That’s over 1300 umols/s should be pretty good.

1 Like

hoping for suggestions for an affordable LED setup for a 4x4 tent…and that would include adjustable ballast to match LED. I am pretty clueless on LEDs
Thanks

Dimming drivers not a problem. I’m not sure what you mean by matching leds though? There are a lot of good lights available for 4x4, pretty much comes down to how much you want to spend.

1 Like

I would ask yourself what your budget is then so in that range. Around 500.+
I think that’s what you’re looking at for a 4x4. I’ll be running matching pair of lights, maybe that confused you? I bought a second light, same exact one. Upping my game. :grin::v: