A New Newbie Starting Over

Discouraged but also excited. I have a boat load of seeds from ILGM that I can’t wait to give a second try. Right now in my basement I have 3 skittles and 2 purple kush that have already sprouted. I can’t wait to put them in the coir.

1 Like

Right now the 3 critical are almost 3 feet below a 600w sodium. I think I need to move them up to 2 feet.

1 Like

This is just to prove that at one time I could grow good plants in soil at one time.

2 Likes

So also new but in terms of coco they need nutrients and she looks like she is starving for them.

All of these girls are in coco and receiving nutrients at each watering.

3 Likes

Yup, according to the FoxFarm grow chart I should have been giving them Grow Big Hydro. I’ll put it in their feeding tomorrow.

2 Likes

I have the Big Bloom, Grow Big Hydro, and Tiger Bloom from fox farm. They come in a trio pack. When I grew in soil I used my own tea I’d make out of compost and that was all I needed. Nutrients are all new to me.

On average, how often do you water your plants? Soil was easy. I could pick up the pot and tell if it needed watering.

Gonna follow along. I grow in coco with jacks 321. Nothing but canna coco no peralite or anything. I start full strength jacks from the start. The coco comes in compacted bricks and needs expanded so it gets done with full strength jacks great white a splash of tribus and a dose of recharge then from there on out i use just jacks full strenght with some additives like humic fulvic kelp ect. @Dr.ofSmokology grows in all miracle gro and seems to have it work out rather well.

2 Likes

I’m still getting the feel for that myself though I also found a trick.

I have a spare pot that has the mix for the larger plants. Based on fully watering to run off I know how much it should weight when fully watered and completely dry. I created a a chart based on those two variables and now I can get a an approximate moisture level by weight.

But I’m also still learning myself with the COCO, though I’ve seen better luck with it the my first plants in soil.

1 Like

I have a friend who lives out west and he uses miracle grow too and hasn’t had any problem. I know some potting mixes use different ingredients in different regions. I think this may have something to do with it too.

Strains that very hearty do better too. Also, when I started flushing the plants in miracle grow with neem oil once a week they did fine.

I love coco coir. I added perlite too and I love how well it drains. In soil, plants that get too much water it will make their tops bunch up and the leaves point up. And it is a no brainer to see when they need water because the lower leaves will droop. In the coir they just look happy all the time. (So far)

What are you growing?

I’m growing Skywalker OG, Blue Dream, Cali Dream from ILGM. All are photo plants.

2 Likes

Aah poor baby! She just needs some love, hopefully she’ll bounce back, theses plants are very resilient can handle a lot of things good luck on your grow

1 Like

Flowering tent! Super lemon Mac, Sour Tangie , and fat budz, Blackjack, Runtz. Runtz as you know it’s :fire:

Got 3.87 oz off of Runtz, sic wax, because of fresh bud!
Super lemon Mac was just pulled yesterday, to hang. Blackjack, fat budz, should be ready hoping this week along with Sour Tangie!

Veg tent, blackjack, dwc, Super lemon Mac, x2 , 1 soil, 1 dwc, and Vemon OG, dwc

2 Likes

That looks awesome.

1 Like

Picture time!

1 Like

I got some cal-mag and it is certainly a game changer. I notice improvements in just a couple days.

I’ve been reading about ph. I have a cheap meter that says all my plants in coir are about 6.5. I trust that the meter is working ok. I check it in plain water and it gives me a consistent 7.

Is everyone ok with the coco coir being 6.5?

I also transplanted 2 skittles and 2 purple kush yesterday and they look great. I’m really excited about the skittles. I can’t wait to try it.

I also started 2 pure indica and 2 Maui Wowie in a damp paper towel today. So far they are my favorite ILGM.

1 Like

So I had looked this up to determine what is the most ideal for COCO 5 is the bare minimum at which lockout can start, and that 5.5-5.8 was the sweet spot.

2 Likes