A New Chapter : Flood and Drain

Wanted to give hydro a try so first attempt will be flood and drain.
Gonna share the good the bad and ugly .

Same equipment as previous grows. A plc strip light. Ac infinity 8 inch exhaust fan.
Using a 4*4 tray

Clones are transfered. Starting off flooding every hour for 15 mins until roots get established.

20 Likes

im set to watch, i am curious on hydro myself

5 Likes

I’m clueless but interested.

7 Likes

Oh trust me. I’m clueless myself. So it will be a learning experience for us all even if I kill them. I’ll just clone and give it another go lol

Thanks for joining !

8 Likes

im down to learn and i have no clue about cloning either lol

4 Likes

Cloning is easy with an aero cloner. Cut. Throw water in. pH. Turn down light so aren’t slamming them, and just wait.

7 Likes

Don’t worry everyone hates that part… :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Set to watch buddy :metal:
I’ll be bringing a couple tables out of storage this next run. Think the community is getting me squared away :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m here to watch and learn. A week into my first hydro too. :popcorn::nerd_face::memo: Good luck! :+1:t3::v:t3::love_you_gesture:t3:

8 Likes

Absolutely along for the ride! Good luck with it

6 Likes

I’m here for the learning. Good luck to ya brother! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good luck

Happy growing

5 Likes

don’t mind if i tag along

3 Likes

Glad to have everyone! Will be a slow start of updates as these get established. But I’ll update as soon as possible

6 Likes

Im excited to watch this start to finish thanks for sharing.my first grow was flood and drain and went well until my heater stuck on. Been thinking bout doing it again.

3 Likes

Little FYI. Wouldn’t think would have to verify timer runs for the actual amount of time set it for but I guess I got a dud.
Noticed a flood cycle started and stopped and was like no way that was 10 mins . Had to use a stop watch and adjust accordingly. Have it set to almost 20 mins on to get 9:54 worth of on time

Grow store makes you send in device and then they take their time verifying it is actually broke before refund or exchange. Don’t have time for that and Don’t wanna buy another while waiting for them. So rolling with this for a bit.

10 Likes

I get these from harbor freight. They have 8 programmable times . They work great for me.

8 Likes

I have that but auto pilot brand. Iam doing more than 8 cycles right now so can’t use those.
When I feel roots have poked through enough that I can do longer dry cycles, I thought about switching over to that.

4 Likes

I’m just curious :face_with_monocle: I have several BN Link digital timers w/8 programmable settings that I love and works great for me. Does flooding more often make them grow faster?

3 Likes

For sure it does.
Here is a 2 week side x side…

That’s 10 ladies, I’m working on 26 next run

5 Likes