A new challenge RDWC

I actually decided against RDWC for this exact reason. I wanted to do 4 different strains on a 5 bucket system and knowing I can’t control the separate plants is very complicated. I’m gonna do four separate bubble buckets. Those are all same strain @roost1?

Exactally the way @dbrn32 sold it to me, I was down for 1 big board almost pulled the trigger, but then revisited a couple threads and went w 3 260xl boards 2 down, one to purchase yet. Thanks again @dbrn32! I got a bud that uses a sun shade because his setup is solo. Kinda like the sunshades used in homes black mesh material, it works like a charm. Just an idea if your light is not dimmable, cause you cannot shove it back in a corner. That tent is full :+1: p.s. dimming a few hours, or what ever might make them happy like an overcast day in the fall…

2 Likes

I do a 3 plant grow so built a fixture for each one.

I believe hydro gives you quite a bit more latitude as far as nutrient load goes than soil or media so following a ‘standard’ TDS in your nutrient solution should keep everyone happy.

1 Like

Nice, yeah totally ideal to run 1 light setup per plant I feel.

What was thst second part I don’t think I understand What you mean @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Feeding the same nutrient regimen across a number of plants can be a problem: every one seems to want something different. My experience in hydro is that with a common rez multiple plants seem to do well with sharing the same schedule. In that regard it seems to be more forgiving.

3 Likes

These two plants came from seeds out of the same bag from ILGM. They have been growing out of the same res their whole life…
Banana kush they were buy 10 get 10 free. The last two that I grew were a little different from each other. They were both outstanding and the only way I could tell the difference was by the way they looked.

3 Likes

You need to watch the plant in the #2 pic. that looks like a banana

1 Like

Yea I cut it off. There was one on another bud that I cut a while back, I think they were sugar leaves that were starting. Rest assured I try to watch those buds…

1 Like

Its probably to late in flowering to even matter.

I used to have two lights in this tent and it was nice to be able to adjust them independently. Those lights were fairly priced but they were obsolete with in a year after I bought them. I wanted to get the best light for the money when I upgraded but was aware there would be something better available before long. It would not be very hard to make this light into two lights by just adding another driver. HLG has already come out with better light than mine. As rapidly as tech is advancing I wouldn’t rule out a solar panel that transfers real sunlight from a panel on the roof right into the tent with no heat and free.
@Myfriendis410 @ReeferRod @Nicky @Thumper @merlin44 @Missiles

The next grow will only be one plant so I can spread it out. Raustin used to just grow only one plant at a time with a huge yield. So far I really like hydro and my next investment will be a chiller.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody and thanks for stopping by.

6 Likes

@roost1 A few days ago you posted that one of your plants was foxtailing like crazy…is that still going on?

Did ever figure out what was causing it? Light, heat, genetics??

1 Like

No way to know for sure.
Could be heat stress as temps were way above normal at the beginning.
Could be genetics as the two plants look different.
Could be light, It’s up as high as I can get it but still to close.

There is not much I can do with it. Its not hermi so its not hurting anything. The trichs look normal and the buds are dense. The buds don’t look right because the stalks aren’t filling normally.

I’m just going to let it grow for now.

4 Likes

Week six report. At some point a few weeks ago I thought I was having a calmag problem so I upped it a little but it didn’t help. Leaves burned and dying. Turns out when I was adjusting the lights I accidently plugged it into a regular outlet instead of the timer. Lights on 24/0 for three or four days. Took a toll on some leaves.

1 Like

The affected leaves were really dried out, and new sugar leaves were coming in beneath them, so I cut them off. Two days of trimming and a bucket of leaves later they seem to be okay. Buds on both plants are fattening up nicely. Buds on the fox tail are dense and showing signs of amber trichs. The buds on the other are normal for their age. I took a bunch of pics yesterday enjoy.

2 Likes

1 Like

Watch for signs of revegging (more new leaves). But good quick catch. Be careful

Was it a while since you checked them? A bit of fox tailing for sure dang that’s okay salvageable.
I take it you have backed off or toned down the light?

What are your Temps and RH see a fair bit of taco leaf going on.
Glad you got the timer sorted sucks when we make simple mistakes like that.
Definitely looks like cal mag issues, but adding cal mag made it worse you said?
Have you flushed? Or checked your run off?
Maybe you have your PH in the wrong range and it can’t absorb the cal mag

The plant on the left was fox tailing from the start of flower.
Light is about 80%, temp this morning was 58, RH 48%.
Doubling up on calmag didn’t do anything.
There are still a lot of leaves there that were subjected to that light event.
Yea that was a dumb mistake!!!
When the calmag didn’t help I changed the res and only added half nutes. Those plants were hungry in two days. I changed the res again yesterday back to regular feeding.
They seemed to have survived me trying to kill them and are recovering nicely.
I monitor ppm and ph constantly. When they have nutes to eat they drop the ph from 5.9 to 5.0 in about 12 hours. When they run out of nutes the ph is stable.

1 Like

Sugar leaves is all its making now.

Sorry I should have tagged you to my reply @Nicky.

1 Like