A new challenge RDWC

Seems I’m using double the amount of nutes in hydro so this is a test. The gh stuff is less expensive and I want to see if it will do the same job. In other words I’m not sure how much the plants are taking and how much goes down the drain when I change the res.

2 Likes

Early on; most of it. Later, not so much. It is good water for watering the yard plantings though.

6 Likes

Very good idea to avoid running chemicals through our city water supply. I dislike hydro for the waste of water/nutes.

Looks good thank you for the tag I’ll get caught up later I’m just mad busy.

Ps ditch the bong & joints your lungs will thank you in 20 years, vape or ingest

1 Like

Facts. My grass has never been greener!

3 Likes

Looking great, your RDWC has produced some great greenery and now I expect it’ll do the same with those flowers. I’m so nervous bout starting my RDWC but I’m also excited.

2 Likes

My dehumidifier drains out in the yard via a hose and that’s how I get rid of the res water.
Now I have to keep moving the hose so the grass doesn’t get too tall.
I had a10 sq ft patch that was a foot taller than the rest.

I just noticed a cal mag issue today so I’m doubling up on it. I should go back and read my notes more often I wrote in there to double up because of the QBs.

3 Likes

I was nervous starting out too. Thing that worried me the most was leaks, coming out in am and finding
10 gallons of water on the floor and plants croaked. Hasn’t happened yet but I still worry about it.

6 Likes

Welcome @DankGunslinger and @Familyman

2 Likes

Yea man that’s my fear two but f**k it because I already have 3 aquariums and my 65 gal had a canister that leaked about 8 galls out :upside_down_face:

So I just went and bought a single bubble pocket kit instead of the RDWC. I’m gonna wait another month or so and see how one plant goes hah hmm what to drop.

2 Likes

I have moved my room so its not as much of an issue, but before it was in a shed out in the dry, dry paddock… with beautiful bright green grass at one corner about 2 ft high… I thought if im going to get caught one way… that would be a funny one…:grin:

with leaks high quality plumbing fittings (expensive but its all I use) O-ring lube on all rubber parts and the expensive (50c more) thick plumbers tape… has been good to me… knock on wood…:grinning:

3 Likes

I’m building a little cloner for 1 plant that I can start in my bathroom closet. When these two are done I want to have another one ready to flower. I’m thinking one will fill the tent.

1 Like

I used grommets to get started because they are quite a bit less expensive. I’ve had good luck with them so far. I think the key is to cut the exact size hole.

2 Likes

You may want more than one cutting just in case.

2 Likes

If the clone doesn’t make it 'm dropping a seed. Its still green but has no roots yet.

Weekly update One of my plants is fox tailing like crazy and putting out some serious buds. The other looks normal.

@merlin44 @ReeferRod @Myfriendis410 @Thumper @Missiles @MattyBear @dbrn32 @DankGunslinger @kettle

11 Likes

7 Likes

You might reduce the light intensity on that one plant if you can…

3 Likes

Unfortunately it is the shorter one. The trics are maturing really fast.

1 Like

Well that’s weird… It’s the shorter one and it’s fox tailing… Hmm…

Not to take away from your beautiful setup and grow but this is why I like the idea of having 1 board per plant so you can raise/lower or dial up/down.
I put 2x240w (2 boards per heatsink) in my 3x3 rather than a 1 system 4 board setup

3 Likes

Now that’s a full tent @roost1 :grin: it’s looking good in there!

3 Likes