A little lst help please

Hi everyone, these are my WW autos at about day 24 from the ground. They’re a little behind mostly due to some rookie mistakes but in last week they’re starting take off.
I’m anxious to start some LST especially on the 1 that’s stretched a bit. My question is this… I’ve read to slowly start bending the tops down. What’s slow? Like bend it a little one day and then a little more the next or is it just slowly bend it down to where you want it all at once? I’ll probably wait till the end of the week and hopefully get another node… any tips greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Pin

1 Like

@Pinboy I haven’t tried it yet but I am going to follow your post to learn how!

1 Like

You should be able to bend it pretty easily right now but as it grows it will become less flexible then it’s done in stages.

2 Likes

Lol, Jane with the way it’s been going your probably best to do the opposite of me! I’ll be sure to post some pics along the way

1 Like

It won’t hurt. You don’t have your bud stems yet, but it will help control the upward growth. Get some AWG12 wire, cut it as long as you need it, make a little J-hook at the end, and bend it down.

1 Like

@Pinboy started lst about a week ago which was 25 days in, I started at 5th node, just right below 6th, the next day moved to 6th and so on, lower growth has exploded since starting lst will get a few more pics soon, just remember to reinforce stalks where going in soil

3 Likes

1 Like

I like your stick idea, it gives you multiple tie down options with each one. What do you do if you over bend 1? Does bending it back and forth a bit help to limber it up for the final bend or do you just go for it?

You will be able to tell what between nodes to bend, you just want to slowly bend that’s why I use the braided line, you can slide your knots up or down, I’m shooting for a circular look on main stalk, the blueberrys are short and bushy, just try and expose as much undergrowth as possible, I use the marshmallow roasting sticks they are cheap and maneuverable, each Day or days I just move to the next node and get it going in the direction wanted, I tie down the bigger fan leaves also

1 Like

You can tell in last pic lower stalk and up to 2nd node is very stiff little to no bend

1 Like

My girls are still pretty soft, I’m just going to have to be careful not to fold 1 over

1 Like