A grow journal from an extreme noob

In all honesty I would try to get them out of the miracle grow as soon as possible that stuff is bad juju for cannabis.
Knowing that that is what they are in I would probably rinse the hell out of them to try to get as much of the miracle grow stuff out and then transfer them into Coco. I would also probably only give them water that has been pH down a little bit around 5.9. At least for a few days to watch and see what happens, once they start growing good then I would Resume with the jacks as normal

1 Like

The bad thing is miracle Gro usually has some sort of timed nutrients in it which is virtually impossible to rinse away as it will just stay there until it is ready to release. Not much you can do about it now other than what I mentioned to try

2 Likes

Out of the MG and into coco. I really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

All plants are in 5 gal pots with nothing but coco and a bit of perlite. After 1 day they are all looking a bit more healthy. Even the one that showed signs of struggling has new growth. Once the new leaves get bigger, I’ll trim the bad ones.

3 Likes

Good job, they will reward you for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There coming along good :+1: about twice the size of the wee ones I just started

1 Like

It gives me hope that I’m not completely blowing this.

Odd thing with this hobby though…I spend so much time thinking and reading about growing weed that I have not smoked in 2 weeks, lol.

2 Likes

I haven’t smoked in about 7 years lol the medication they have me on has made it to where when I smoke it makes me feel like shit

1 Like

That stinks

1 Like

I haven’t smoked in 24years…:joy_cat:

2 Likes

I haven’t smoked in 50min…

Which reminds me of unfinished business waiting in my grinder…

3 Likes

Before and after of my troubled plant. Less than a week a part.

1 Like

2 Likes

Day 29

Day 24

Day 17

Day 16

3 Likes

Nice recovery :+1:

1 Like

My 4 plants, 3 out of 4 are looking really good. The last and the youngest is pretty yellow. At first I thought it could too much light as the leaves were praying. Now I’m sure it a nute issue so I flushed the soil with distilled water. I’m hoping it turns out OK.

Feedback is more than welcomed.

Thanks, day 24 was the plant with issues that I had to trim, now it’s a beast.

Have to be careful with using distilled water because it doesn’t have any minerals to carry the nutrients to your plants so you have to use like a calmag or similar. I’m not a fan of distilled or RO water imo it just adds another thing that can go wrong. I’ve never used either so I don’t know the details of what to use with it to make it work right.

Trimming or defoliation if done right will help plants grow better n faster then once in flower will make flowers bigger and more of them. In the ilgm guides there’s some direction on how to do it, or Google search will have tons of info

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll do some research on trimming. I’ll have to do some research on using distilled as well. Not sure of my other options. Tap is a no go and spring water has its own issues…or at least that’s my understanding.

1 Like

What’s wrong with your tap water?

1 Like