A girl in a rush! What now? (Early flowering)

1/25/22 Day 78 - Ok the day is here. I’m sitting here all nervous and jittery, like a total doofus. I’m stalling while drinking extra coffee.

Pictures soon!

2 Likes

Happy Chop Day :axe: :green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m reconfiguring both of my tents before the ax comes out. Lucy is taking a vacation in the guest room while she waits. It’s turned into a bigger job than I thought!

3 Likes

Oh, and happy cake day too while I’m at it! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! :heart_eyes: it’s great to be here!:green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

1/26/22 Day one of drying. Tent is at 65 degrees and 50% RH. So glad I got the humidifier with the hemostat - it’s keeping very good RH. The house is currently at 29% RH, so I’m pleased. She will likely get colder tonight, it’s going down to 11 degrees.

Pictures from yesterday. I moved the gigantic filter into the 3x3 in preparation for dropping new seeds. I tried suspending it horizontally but the light would have had to be nearly touching the door, so I took it down and rehung it vertically in the corner. You’ll be able to see that I wasn’t kidding about a ridiculously overpowered filter that was in Lucy’s 2x2! I put in the window duct kit and did a test with ventilation. 300W light got the tent up to 81 degrees at 100% (didn’t have my phone so I didn’t check DLI at the pot level, but I know it’s high so unlikely that light will ever run at 100%.) Without the filter and intake fan, it got to 93 last week during a test.

I had put Lucy in the guest room while I worked in the grow room. I took the light out of her tent, cleaned the entire interior with an infant safe sanitizer, and moved the good humidifier to her tent.

Then finally, I did the deed and learned yet another lesson: even small weed plant stems are incredibly tough. I struggled to cut her down. Next time, I’m bringing the lopping shears!

She weighed 9.14 oz wet, hoping for close to 2 when dried. I had set my goal as trying to raise an ounce this time, and I believe I beat it. Time will tell! She will be cured in Grove Bags once she reaches an internal bud moisture of 11%.

Low and slow…

And that’s the story of my Lucy, the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree That Could, my little girl in a rush.

On to planting her sisters - 3 more LSD auto - and try some training on them this time.

I’ll be back to talk about what she weighed when dry. And possibly before, I have so many pictures of her.

6 Likes

Egads - I used the word “hemostat” when I meant “hygrometer”. I have no excuse, I’m not even high!

2 Likes

Great job. It was fun following your grow. Good luck on the next.

Yup m about (2) weeks away with some of mine.

Pics below of (2) of the (4)

3 Likes

Truly beautiful buds! Congrats!

1 Like

1/30/22 - Lucy, my little girl in a rush, the Charlie Brown Xmas Tree that could, is in the Grove bag for curing. She weighed 9.14 wet, and 2.19 oz dried and trimmed. Better than I imagined we could do!

Some final pictures -

And thanks to everyone who followed and offered advice and encouragement along the way. Feels like this all started 5 minutes ago! It’s been very fun learning this great new hobby - and yes, I’m already started on my second grow!

6 Likes

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: great work :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

What a wonderful ending for Lucy! :potted_plant:
Enjoy the herb. :green_heart::raising_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

Thank you very much! I confess to having sampled her dried but uncured buds - and she is :fire:!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I did! 3 LSD auto seeds already growing, and two different seeds floating for the small tent.

Go big(ger) or go home!

Oh wait, I am home!

1 Like

Anyone wants to check out the new goings-on, here’s the thread! The triplets…

1 Like

Way to go Fiz! Congratulations on the great harvest! You’ve done well! I will fit sure follow along on the triplets! :blush::clap:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m stoked for my “multi plant” grow.

3 Likes

You called it