A Disastrous situation resulting in lesson learned!

So, after two whole months and wondering why I kept seeing everyone else’s autos flowering and blooming … and I’m thinking WTF did I do wrong!

So, I look at my order from 2 and half month’s ago, figured this would be the easiest way…

What I found out, made me think I was a complete moron. Key here is, Was…

I have definitely figured out what happened… need to get my eyes checked… I bought Fem seeds alright, not the ones that I wanted obviously…

So my Bruce Banners are photos. I am not really interested in growing photo’s… so my question here is can I place them outside when i am ready for the 3 Autos that are just started…???

At least i have a grasp of what to do up to the flowering stage at this point… thanks for all the help…

1 Like

You can absolutely do that. Maybe start weening them into the intensity of the sun for a few hours each day.

3 Likes

How do you that weening… have been told this would put them back into veg state… they are in first week of flowering

Oh I’m sorry, I missed that part. Anywhere dark you can put them after or before their 12 hours?

Are they actually flowering or has ot been a week since flipping light schedule?

2 Likes

I would just start some auto if have room. They will be just fine rolling with the photo light schedule if decent lighting. They are gonna do what they want regardless. Pictures? We love those.

4 Likes

If you just flipped you can transition them outside. If you have full blown flowers, they’ll reveg for a few weeks then probably go right back into flower.

2 Likes

With 10 weeks veg time those will be some big plants. It would be hard for me not to flip to 12/12 light schedule an finish them out. Yes they will do fine outside. Good luck :v:

4 Likes

At this stage it will take you just as long to start and finish the auto’s as it would be ti just finish the photos

4 Likes

Yes that’s what i thought… so my thinking is if I put the BBs outside… i already have a BlueBerry Muffin photo, had 3 from a bud a friend gave me… anywho, 2 more of those are at a friend’s house two doors down…5 outside together … and the three autos in the tent by the end of july, likely will have 3 more after that prior to the outside harvest…
All this will be a first, and an awesome harvest…
Unless, i take a job that I just cant pass if i can get it! Bad thing is I’d have to move, good thing is none of the plants are in the ground yet.

1 Like

Here is a photo of rhe flowering

2 Likes

Looks to still be in preflower stretch

1 Like

Curiosity… why no interest in growing photos?

2 Likes

I wont do photos because of the cheapness of marshydro’s tents. Autos handle light leaks alot better then photos do.

2 Likes

That’s understandable for sure.

I’m trying to go back through my bookmarks, they’re was a video posted of Dr Bugbee going deep into light leaks and the amount of amount light that it actually takes to stress cannabis plants.

You may be able to search it easily enough, if I can find it… I’ll link it.

3 Likes

So turns out light leaks is not at all what everyone has always thought for a long time.

DR Bruce Bugee and his team finished the most detailed study ever done and basically if you can not read a standard size printed book inside the tent after 10mins inside for your eyes to adjust.
Then there isnt enough light to effect the cannabis plant. .
Single red leds on heaters or fans are absolutely no problem at all but people sware we must cover them up.
But new science says other wise.

The video is on his YouTube channel explaining it in detail…

So rest easy my freind, you can grow photos with no trouble I bet :grin:

4 Likes

That’s what I was talking about. Nice :metal:

1 Like

Yeah so much of “cannabis knowledge” is “bro science”. Just not alot of soild information out there but Dr Bruce is about as good as it gets…

If the US could work out the federal stuff, more universities could study the actual dank high thc cannabis we grow.
Bugbee studys hemp rather then Marijuana.

It could be possible that there is more difference in the 2 then science currently suggests.

Only way to tell is more studies by different university. It’s a mess :man_facepalming:

Im included to trust his findings, as one of his students wrote his thesis off the study.

3 Likes

Ok, i have an Ac Infinity 4x2 200w tent, i havent seen much light leak except in the front on about 8 inches of zipper, I duck tape it. No more light.

So, I have decided to leave the photos in the tent, what’s two more months right… However, the 3 autos I tossed into water 2 only sprouted, I used these funny looking pods i just soaked in water over night, made a hole and put my seedling in them…they sproutedblike overnight, put them into 7 gal pots.
Medium coast of maine, stoneington blend.
Sitting outside on front porch.

2 Likes

Honestly the timing… rather have a short grow cycle, that way I can grow different strains…

1 Like