A day in the life of WWA

Dropped a bean yesterday and was soaking in water for 24 hrs, now off to the pod in a 2 oz cup. @FloridaSon I liked your mini cup idea for germ I hope you don’t mind if I took your idea :bulb: it’s a mini solo cup shot glass :wink:

This will be my second auto so far

1 Like

All out of likes @AmnesiaHaze but I like this.

1 Like

Don’t worry about stealing it from me, I stole the idea from someone else! Lol

Open source grows…

3 Likes

DOH I placed the seed upside down!!! What is the “proper way”? @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

@Donaldj what can I do to help his little girl out?

Does anyone know if ocean forest and strwberry fields could be friends in flowering?

I don’t have an answer for that, but for the seedling…

You can either attempt to excavate and place her back in a hole with her hull just below the surface. Risky solution depending on the tap root.

Or, you could top dress and allow her to find her way to the light. Not too deep, Maybe 1/8" below the surface. Moisten with misting and continue to wait for emergence.

Hope you get your answer on the mix…

2 Likes

Seed side up, and tap root down, is the best way. Otherwise it can emerge from the soil upside down. @AmnesiaHaze

1 Like

super gently remove shell it’s not upside down just wasn’t deep enough to pull off shell as it popped

2 Likes

I always try to place tap root down but it really doesn’t matter they will always rightvthem selves just may take a day longer to pop the surface @AmnesiaHaze
Sorry for delay on responding been dealing with a few things lol

2 Likes

@FloridaSon yes I did just what you stated. I pulled gently (risky) and the tap root was short enough it was as straight as an arrow hulling down into the peat pellet. I re-dug, and placed her an 1/8” to almost a 1/4” deeper. She popped up a 1/2” the next day. The shell casing was caught on her cyclodons, i misted her and a couple hours later I pulled it off slowly with tweezers.

Yes @Covertgrower I always place tap root down, it just wasn’t deep enough as Donald said

Ahhhh this describes the seedling process perfectly @Donaldj thank you bro @Countryboyjvd1971 no biggie brother I hope you had a great day!

2 Likes

@FloridaSon @Covertgrower @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971

This is the clearest shot I could get of her now as we speak. The kink in her stem is from myself dropping a sharpie trying to make labels, that was 8hours ago :sweat_smile: hopefully it won’t stunt the little auto! She is now 3 days old now

3 Likes

She’s looking great! @AmnesiaHaze

1 Like

Thanks! All I have fed her with is straight spray bottle tap water that has been dechlorinzed. (The bottle sat for more than 24 hours to evaporate)

1 Like

Lol…she should be fine. If you begin to suspect problems from it, you can bury it in a transplant.

It would be cool if you didn’t have to. She’d be a little kinky! Lol

1 Like