A beginners guide from germinating to harvest to help answer most questions that most beginners have trouble with in getting started

Gave they steroids Connisuer A & B 4 ml , Voodoo Juice & B-52 2 ml , Tarantula , Pirahna , Microbial munch , Xtra Cal-Mag 2 ml , Terpinator 1 ml , Mammoth Piss & Golden Tree .5 ml , and I added just 2 pinches of Open Seseme done a few snippets on a few leaves , tried to spread it to initiate the main line and the nuckle split , so I taped it up , but I’ll wait until they finish this feeding and watering in about 2 weeks and I’ll make the switch , but these plants will be massive I think cause the root system is still going crazy …

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. It’s great to have more growers to add wealth of information here.

3 Likes

@yoshi I couldn’t help but notice the jug of distilled water behind your ph/tds photo. Do you store your PH meter in distilled water? If so its highly recommended by most manufactures to keep them in storage solution to keep them accurate and working a for long time. You may already know this but thought it would be a good mention.:grin:

Quote from Hanna Instruments
“NEVER STORE THE pH ELECTRODE IN PURIFIED WATER
Storing the pH electrode in purified water (RO, DI, or distilled) will shorten the life of your pH electrode.
The reference cell has a high salt solution. Placing the probe in purified water will cause the salt to diffuse out and the water to go in. Storage solution is not only formulated to maintain the reference salt concentration but also has chemicals to keep bacteria and fungus from growing. If storage solution is not available then use pH 4 buffer.”

Thank you @FloridaSon

1 Like

@DirtyNatasha no my pen is one of those self calibrating pens , but I don’t leave in no water actually , I have before with my first pen a Milwaukee el cheap o but that pen gave me three successful grows before it lost its calibration and started mis reading , I got tired of calibrating everytime I had to water or feed , so I tried cleaning the dome and it burst , than I had a red ph pen and it worked for about three grows and bit the dust also , so I had this as a reliable back up , but that jug is just an empty jug I used from my CPAP water which requires distilled , but no sir I don’t used distilled water at all for anything , either rain water or water out my fish tank I store in those jugs from water changes , but mainly I used rain water from a reservoir I collect out in my yard with , are my water change water from my fish tank . But thanks for the add information about the PH pens and distilled water , cause many might read through this thread and see that which can help others prevent from making that mistake . I think I’m just gone cough up the $150 bucks for that digital PH pen I seen Jorge’s used in one of his videos I’ve seen a while back , I think it’s brown and grey , I can’t recall the model are name of it off hand .

2 Likes

@yoshi Just making sure you know you need to keep the probe hydrated? you typically store the PH pen with its cap on with the storage solution or some water in it at least. If the probe dries out it really hurts the life and accuracy of the meter. Even high end meters and self calibrating will be destroyed if the probe dries out. Maybe I misinterpreted what you said lol I had a few too many dabs.
Peace and love DN

1 Like

It seems to stay moist for the most part between use , but I do consider your knowledge , so I should mix a bag of the buffer solution and let it stay in that when not in use to help the accuracy and life of the pen . Whelp I’ll be mixing some up when I get ready to used it again which should be Friday when I switch over to bloom .

This is a popular storage solution

3 Likes

@Paranorman thanks bud had no idea of such , will have to purchase .

1 Like

Have a great Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend, may God bless

2 Likes

Update 2 days before the craziness begins cause I don’t have enough vertical space for the stretch I know all to well this widow plant is gone do , besides this pot is much taller than the 3 gallon I grew my very first widow plant in and that thing stretch every bit of 5 1/2 feet in a pot triple the size smaller than these pots , so yes it’s gone get very interesting and I’ll have to make precised snips to keep her in right standings , but I’m thinking I should veg it more into the scrog first and get it trimmed and trained , than switch them …uh yeah that might be my best option . But finally they are well on they way now and I changed my inline system around to get my air circulation and humidity and heat controlled , so the bohemit had to go up top and the little guy down low but temps are 79 degrees and humidity is ranging from 35 % lights on and 45-50% lights off , so I’ll have to run dehumidifier during flower when lights off , so I know where I’m at with that later in flower , but all in all everything is coming along pretty good , PH 6.03 , PPM was not 0780 but more less 0170 to 0184 last feeding which I’ll be bumping that up to around 0400-0600 next feed and PH to 6.1 to get more potassium uptake to get the stalk strengthen so she can hold them big massive colas later . Still accessing my shopping list on what ifs , what’s needed , and a must have right now and it’s plenty of options and always a cost , but to illuminate most of the over head cost , I need to upgrade my tent size for sure , and I’m really considering a T-5 light for this lil tent for vegging with 2 supplemental 125 watt CFL veg lights , ad replace the China Brand Led with a MarsHydro Pro II Cree 256 LED has been the light I’m very interested in due to the curve design but I don’t know yet , it’s so many options but don’t want spend anxiously but effectively .

1 Like

Do you have a link for that LED you are considering?

Yeah it’s a MarsHydro Pro II Cree 256 Watt .

Just an update on my progress , they are really filling out nicely , they are starting to really drink more water as they release more water vapor from the stamoto but they are really starting to grow . I can only imagine what’s going on In the root structure but they are really picking up in growth . Did a few more snips of bottom foliage in high shaded spots from the top foliage over shadowing to transfer that energy more on top growth . The plant on the left is my handicap plant after one side of the the tops was damaged and broke badly so I just removed it but she is doing well , honestly she is about an inch or more talker than the other plant . They both are almost to the scrog screen which I think it’s time to make the switch to get it started in the screen , but I’ll asked on my trusted scrog grower here @hillcrest21678 on what he thinks , and what I should do from this point in training for the scrog . I think as it stretches I just keep the growth tucked under as much as possible to allow the smaller budding flowers to grow up threw the scrog until it fills out , but I could be wrong and might have to continue vegging ah lil longer to allow it to fill out than switch , so hopefully I can get his guidance on what’s next , but everything is pretty much the same for as Ph 6.03 , PPM 185 which I’ll be bumping it up to about 3-400 next feeding since they are getting much more established now , but I know once I do they are going to really explode more vigorously and I’m concerned about my vertical space once in flower .

1 Like

They are looking beautiful @yoshi , once they hit the net start growing them horizontally and just start filling out that net , once about half of that net is full then I might switch to flower and don’t forget you can always take string if they grow up through the net since you don’t have a double net system and just tie them back down again … U got this .:smiling_imp: don’t be scared… Lol

:v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Peachfuzz is exactly right just follow what he said

3 Likes

@yoshi they look nice and healthy can’t wait to see how they turn out :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::seedling:

Yoshi started sprout

He began to have some doubt

But it looks real fine :yin_yang:

1 Like

@hillcrest21678 & @peachfuzz so just continue to veg into the screen until it fill up about 50-60% right , than make the switch into flower . @peachfuzz I can make another scrog screen to put in there about an inch to two inches above the one in there now , that’s not a big time consuming project for me . Today I’ll be feeding them a full measured of nutrients measured out at a 2 gallon reservoir size according to Advance nutrient feeding chart which is 6ml of Connisuer A & B Grow , which I added another 1.5 ml to bump up PPM , 3 ml of B-52 and Voodoo juice , 2 ml of Terpinator , 1 ml of Mammoth Piss , .5 ml of Golden Tree , 2 ml of Xtra Calmag , 2 ml of Micro Munch , and my PH is at 6.0 and PPM is at 380 which is (1380) , so I’ll pour that in and add another half gallon to 3/4 of gallon to top it off and let them do they thing , and hopefully I can get a photo of the roots tonight when they wake up so @FloridaSon can see how the roots is exploding from using the Azos & Mykos Xtreme in my soil during transplanting early in the grow . Once I finish that I’ll figure out dimension on constructing a second scrog screen to help control my vertical stretch once I go into flowering . Happy Growing and I hope this thread is helping many to get they growing dialed in to keep they plants nice and healthy from sprout to vegging to flowering into harvest .,…Yoshi !!!

To me that’s all Babel man just let your plants grow spread them out under screen and you should be good

2 Likes

Right just veg it in the screen and fill it up 50-60% than switch and continue to train in the stretch . This the first time I’m doing a scrog this way , my last one I vegged my plant outside topping it 6 times and bushing it out and when I put it in the tent with the screen it was already filled and I just had to flower it . I’m not trying to Babel , I was basicly updating my thread journal but asking a question of guidance all in the same paragraph . I continue to veg it into the screen more and see what happens and try to figure out how to fill it out as it grows .

1 Like