A beginners guide from germinating to harvest to help answer most questions that most beginners have trouble with in getting started

I like it and had great results with the whole line of nutrients . But the Ph perfect technology is why I gave it try and I had my biggest and best yield ever with it Connisuer and the Grandmaster level of additives . But I did see another nutrient line that sparked my interest after hearing it explained on another link , which I’m very wagered to purchasing , but I have like four different brands now and have not even finished all of Advance , and I have Sensi also which one grow I done Connisuer Grow and Sensi Bloom which did great also , but I have a Gallon of Dutch Mastersz gold all in One , The Recipe for Success , Fox Farm trio liquid grow big , big bloom , and tiger bloom with fox farm powder trio open seseme , beastie Bloomz , and Cha -Ching , General Hydroponic grow micro and bloom that came with my waterfarm , Besides I want to try ILGM new powder base nutrients flower power , and this new one I found New Milineium , so I’m over budget in nutrients and don’t grow but 1-2 plants at a time . But I need to find a sequence of which works best for over all quality and the best quality and just stick with that one , figure out what additives to use in sequence to get my idea quality out my grows . But I’m a rookie like most cause I don’t know all what would be easiest to get the great benefits out my plants without over spending on all the nutrients , but hopefully I get some information from a more larger scale grower that can tell me what can work best on s’more simple scale one day .

@yoshi will be following this thread closely thanks for all your effort in Journaling this grow .

1 Like

@Oldstoner I really it helps , I hope I’m covering all the repeated asked questions , that way most beginners can be lead here to this thread and get the need answers to they growing question about germinating , vegging , soil mix , ph and ppm and see the results to understand it worked for me to do a healthy grow keeping it simple . Many do write they journals but they never incorporate they measured nutrients , PH , PPM , and miscellaneous things they do throughout they grow to get results they post pictures of , so I’m trying to make all that dimple here in this grow journal . Which my plans was to wait until the first of the year to get started , but @Oldstoner , @Paranorman , @Brian091180 , @Hogmaster and several more posted all that bud candy and I couldn’t take my tent sitting dormant with nothing happening in there , so I started early than planned and hops to get thru the entire grow , but we will see if I can pull it off and help answer lots of repeated asked questions .

5 Likes

Im trying to decide if I have enough room to scrog 2 plants 1 gold leaf and one girl scout cookie in a 3 x 3 tent . Also @yoshi did you just sprinkle the Azos and Mykos right in the soil dry to start or water it in ?

@Oldstoner when I transplanted my first time from solo cup I used just the Azos , a teaspoon measured and yes just sprinkle it in the hole I was transplanting the plant into and watered it real good after to activate it in soil . Than my second transplant , I mixed the 2 together in a ziplock bagged labeled Azos & Mykos and again sprinkled one teaspoon in a hand full of dirt on the very bottom of the next pot , than added a lil more soil and sprinkled the second teaspoon covering the top of the soil to it being obvious it was sprinkled , put plant in and watered . Last transplant I put bottom layer soil sprinkled a teaspoon and mixed in with my hands throughly , added ah lil more soil and sprinkled and mixed in cause I had the Azos & Mykos working from the previous transplant , so I mixed it in really good in the very bottom layer , than added the second layer and mixed in and transplanted plant . I read where it said one part Azos ,Mykos , one part water which confused the hell out me , so I choose the sprinkling in option and each transplant I had major roots growing with thousands of tiny lil white hairs streaming out the main roots lil fuzz , but it was crazy on how explosive the root system had become using the two together . I hope this helps , but on the link to xtremegardening.com they say it’s another product that’s brewed in a tea that goes with the Azos and Mykos but I didn’t know if I could use it in sequence with brewing the tea , so I just did the two by sprinkling and letting the watering after activate it in the soil . Now @Oldstoner you might seem to think your growth is slow but I can assure you it’s will be building a sick , super crazy root system for massive uptake and big plants .

3 Likes

This is what i have to get started with then going to go with Nectar for the gods and Mammoth P. But Fox Farms was good to me this time around
4 Likes

Me & you are in the same boat as far as nutes go ,I have GH Flora & The Fox Farm line also. Since this is a thread for beginners I would say it’s not so much the nutes you use but getting the proper pH & ppm’s at the right time in a grow. What I like about your thread here is your going over the ppm’s and at what stage your doing it at. Most beginners fail from over feeding . They think the more nutes the bigger the plant will be an the faster it will grow. :cactus:

2 Likes

@tee3737 you can really run a higher PPM in a larger pot size for a younger vegging plant , cause your roots have space to grow which once they utilized the parts per million in your water content , they grow and stretch for more water throughout your soil medium . Now if you run a higher PPM in a smaller pot , you can have many problems as for defiencies , lock outs , and your roots becoming root bound , so pot size I think helps a higher PPM in your soil for your root system to feed . This is no fact , just in my opinion but it’s what mines ran off read and it’s seems to be doing just find . @Oldstoner you are relentless when it comes to getting the supplements , nutrients , and additives for your plants I see , which I’m guessing you’ve never used these products yet right . Than you have no clue of the benefits you about to witness , and I only have the 2 Azos & Mykos , you have all four parts , man your plants will double in size from your last grow , and with all the intense light power you have , your yield this grow is going to be insane compared to your last grow . But let asked , how was your smoke from your first grow ? Right , I understand a small bowl have you stoned for hours and it’s super danked , purgent , and crazy sticky , and for the efforts and cost , you got the growing bug now My friend , it would be almost impossible to purchase a bag from anybody else after producing that kind of quality . So did like the benefits of Terpinator and Cha-Ching , if so let me give my big bud weight secret …Bud Factor X by advance nutrients once you add that and scrog your next grow , you will be bud trimming for about three days are more ,…happy growing my friend and thank me later !!!

2 Likes

Holy crap you have the whole arsenal there , this grow will by far triple last grow my friend just from adding these enhancers for your root system . Are you going bigger in pot size are running a 1 gallon as before ?

2 Likes

I’m sure you read where you can used them together in sequence to get better results right .

1 Like

Your might be right on that for soil but I grow in hydro.

1 Like

@Oldstoner it’s one more you don’t have that you must add to your arsenal Sir , and that’s Recharge , I’ll be getting some of that this week , re-ordering a few other things , and I’m really debating on another tent to veg and used my small tent to just scrog flower , are setup a 4x4x6 for flowering at least 3 different strains at one time and used my lil tent to veg , but I have to get my shopping list figured out tomorrow . Now for as lights you guys has open my understanding on different models that really are doing a great job verses cost efficient . I like the New MarsHydro Pro Series lights , they look pretty awesome with the curve design , but I have not seen results from one yet , I like the Viparspectra lights , they led chips diodes looks the same that in my advance light XTE , plus Advance has this new veg oil production led that guarantees 35% more resin production in your plants , but I don’t know if it can flower are used in veg only , plus I’ve seen advance spectrum maxx which looks like a cool design , are for sure the two brands I already have I know works .

1 Like

Well now you have me really stoked to get started on the next grow and yes you are correct on the overstock of nutrients. Really hoping Oregon Organics Nectar line is as good as I have heard . It is a all organic line that relies on a strong microbial level to be successful. Even thier sugar booster is pre digested so the sugar molecules are small enough for the microbes and plant to use immediately instead of smothering the root system and microbes in black strap molasses. Plus they are a small family owned business and I love doing my thing with a company like them . On pot size this time I went with 4 gallon plastic planters this next time I have one 7 gallon smartpot and will use it beside the 4 gallon I have already to see how much of a difference it makes . I only grow for personal meds so gigantic yields are not as important as quality for me . This grow I have decided to go ahead and grow 2 plants in a scrog . I was worried about over crowding my small tent but figure to much can be trimmed back but not enough to fill the tent from wall to wall is just sad . Next up is getting a few C-Vault containers for long term storage . Hoping to get 5 or 6 ounces out of my 3 WWs and that will be plenty to get me through the next grow then the variety in strains starts over

How much did that last plant yield ? Now did you like the results of the Terpinator , Mammoth P and Cha-Ching ?

I’m so amazed at the tight internode spacing on these plants , which is a very good thing to me cause the stalks can hold big heavy buds . But I wonder if it’s the mammoth p , are the Azos & Mykos causing that microbial development to help the node spacing to be so tight .

I have only been using fox farm trio for most of the grow and liquid karma some beastie bloomz the last couple of weeks. The mammoth p , and terpinator only added for the last two weeks just added a easy dose of cha ching and bumped up my ph to 7 it was getting kind of low shooting for mid 6 run off . But I would say 75 % of what you you see when you look at my grow is all fox farms ocean forest and ph 6 water I didnt really feed them anything til they were flowering and started at half strength

7 Likes

I typically only use fox farm trio as well but this time added mammoth p and to my surprise it really helped create rock hard buds. This is a Purple#1xSkunkxFinola hemp auto in a 5x5" pot with Happy Frog. The microbes in mammoth p must help a lot with nutrient availability. Peace @Oldstoner for also starting nutes in flower and not veg.

7 Likes

I had to switch my inline fans around cause my babies was starting to scent off and I’ll have family here thanksgiving for dinner , but I manage to get that done , now I’m about to feed them a full measured of nutrients , let them drain and refill reservoir with PH water and let them do they thing . I’ll post an update maybe tomorrow .

4 Likes

@DirtyNatasha those are pretty buds . I love skunk got some super skunk beans waiting in the wings . Love the screen name

2 Likes

I got some skunk I just trimmed yesterday honestly I don’t know if they’re white skunk Super Skunk or skunk#1 (I lost track of which strain the Clones came from, I write things down now, I’m getting old)

I think they’re skunk#1 they’re the ones hanging in the back, sorry I don’t have a better picture, that’s ilgm white widow (Third Generation) in front

Edit: better pic of skunk

that ilgm white widow grandmother gave me the 6+ ounces, but the brown leaf spot cut that down so I’m probably going to get 3 or 4 oz from 2 plants total, the skunk is second or third gen depending which strain it is

I thought my carbon filter was beginning to fail but after harvesting the skunk plants I’m not sure that the filter has anything wrong with it, this is the skunkiest plant I’ve grown all year, since I’ve been back growing, its smell reminds me of the real skunk#1 I used to grow back in the eighties and nineties, I sure hope the high is similar too ?!

…here’s a link to the most boring Grow Journal ever, if you can’t sleep just go to my link and you’ll be right asleep, I guarantee! :sleeping: zzz:

…and boring is just how I like it these days my friend ! :thumbsup::wink:

3 Likes