A bale of hay was bigger than I thought it would be

Thanks for the reminder about your sweet journal. I came across this when I just started here and it’s awesome to see ppl trying fun ideas.
Glad to join you on this adventure

Lol funny you mention the name cuz it looks like you got some boogers growing in your hay😂

Kinda looks like a plasmodial slime mold would recommend checking that out next time your a lil high they are crazy cool

4 Likes

fungal for sure, I used to grow shrooms the rule there is color =toxins, white is good. so I’d say bad remove. steam straw or 4-6 hrs to sterilize 100%

6 Likes

Used to get that crap around my tomatoes soil and it never did any harm: I usually just spray it with the hose to get it off the soil… but even when I don’t it never caused issues for THOSE plants. Not sure how it’ll affect your planties… but I see it all the time in my garden and never paid much attention besides to go ewwwwww gross…. :confounded::thinking: not much help huh

2 Likes

Sorry, I personally do not have a clue hat that may be or if it’s beneficial.

1 Like

Looks like a slime mold/fungus of some kind.

2 Likes

Kinda looks like slime mold. If that’s the case it’s not harmful to your plant just ugly to look at.

1 Like

Pasteurize

1 Like

Definitely agree with Hoppie,
Fungus of some origin?
Love to see it under a digiscope :nerd_face:

1 Like

Definitely fungal, you can see the mycelium. You could let it go or hit it with some peroxide.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag but I have absolutely no clue my friend.

1 Like

My best guess is as the others…mold/fungus.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fungus… Hoppie got you …:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

I recommend the shroomify app if you want to identify it
Could be coluflower fungus which us edible could also not be tho kinda hard to tell from the photo

1 Like

@DMD Dude, don’t do this.

You will see numerous times in this journal where I wished I never had started this.

1 Like

I just had lots of fun reading this experiment of yours, seems like a LOT of work with a slight risk of fire :rofl:
:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:
I promise, unless there’s absolutely no other way, i will never try to grow weed on hay😂
But will always be there to read about senseless experiments like this, thanks for that man!

2 Likes

ok. good! or straw. i’m glad you said “senseless”, because it is.

lol!

2 Likes

Dude I found this same stuff in my flower garden the other day.

1 Like

My crappy drainage system fell down the other day. The plant didn’t tip over, but the bale kind of broke and I had to cinch it down a little more with the tiedown straps.

07/31

7 Likes

I see flowers!

2 Likes

yep!

@anon86641082

8 Likes