A 4x4 or a 5x5 tent which is best?

@Spudgunner knows this is how we grow. YUP, different plants in different tents, on different schedules, and somebody said this was easy?. Good addition to your grow space and keep us posted. HLG offered me a veteren’s discount on my new light so I am happy. When you add lights, look for quality, special sales, and discount codes. Little tents can make great dry/cure tents spaces. Seedlins, vegging, and most impotrantly, CLONES. Good growing to you.

1 Like

@Spudgunner, @DEEPDIVERDAVE, y’all are correct it never ends.
Actually I have a small clone tent now, and the original plan was to have a seedlings tent, a veg tent, and a flower tent. But this didn’t work very well, since there was always a tent getting overcrowded while waiting to move to the next tent. Letting the clone tent supply the other two with small plants for flowering works best. I am sure at least one of the 2x3s will be growing in someway, since it sits above a floor drain, and it is so easy to do a drain to waste grow in it. Using the other for drying is a good idea.
I must be bat sh*t crazy! I have been growing contentiously for about 18 months now, and have over 20 ounces stored and waiting on the shelf. But I am still obsessed with making changes, and going bigger and better.

Room to stretch lol, I like the less crowded feel.

YUP, and this time of year, moving outdoors for field trip is out of the question. Its scary, I have a couple of seedlings that could becme contenders for full tent occupancy exercise/experiment. The only answer is another tent, but I am out of space, electrical outlets or circuit loading, and PSE wants blood money or testicles. They installed a “new” meter last month, I wonder why.

9 months, so far and have to vacation June & July 2023. Working on theis process consumes so much time. Daily operations for seedlings, veg, flowers, drying, and most importantly, reading or researching multiple avenues of information.

Fully understandable! I probably have a pound left, will be flipping my lights on the 5 in the tent soon, and just MacGyver’d a 45"x45" area in my crawlspace for a new veg and clone area so I can have a perpetual grow! I don’t NEED all this weed, I just WANT all this weed!

1 Like

@Ickey How many plants can you fit into a 5x5 tent?

@shaggy808, I am just running four 3.9 gallon AutoPots in it for the first run in the 5x5. I guess one could do 6-8 plants in it. But I am enjoying the extra room for a change. Besides I am just trying to finish up the plants that I had originally planned and started for the smaller tent. Since I will need to flip the light cycle in a couple weeks in order to be finished by mid April. We have some extended RV trips this spring.
So far I am impressed with the AutoPots and coco so far.

1 Like

So you think 12 would be too much for the 5x5?

@shaggy808, One could do that many in a 5x5. But you probably will not harvest any more than if you just run 6. And the smaller number of plants and containers will be cheaper and easier.
I have never gave a plant a name. But today I was looking at a tall slim Skywalker plant that is in the 6th week of bloom, and it has buds with these wild looks hairs sticking out. It occurred to me that maybe I should call this plant Shaggy.

1 Like

hahahaha funny!!

It depends if they are autos or photos, and if you keep them small or want them large. I would do 5, have 5 photos in my 4x4 and it’s a bit tight, would be a snug fit in a 5x5. I run clones, so not paying $10/seed, and have had 12 in my 4x4 before. And I may again in 2 months! If you do clones in 1 gallon, maybe 2 gallon pots, I could probably do 16 in a 5x5 and flip them after a few weeks of veg, keep them small for a faster turnaround.
Right now I have 9 in less than 4x4 space, and I could flip them now if I wanted to. But these I will wait on and move 5 into the 4x4 in a couple and leave 4 in the dungeon. But I’d only cram them in as I’m not paying for seeds, cuttings are free from thinning them out.

I’m aiming for 9 autos this run in my 5x5. This was my start.

2 Likes

Thought that I would give an update on the new 5x5 tent, and the AutoPots with coco. Enjoying the extra room for now, since it is filling up fast. This picture was taken 5 days ago, and it appears that they are about 25% bigger since then. Since I thought that I would still be running the 2x3s the plants were started in pairs, and will not be a very even sized grow this time. The two little clones in the solo cups are now in 3 gallon bags now, and are in a different tent. They are in coco also, and growing like mad. I am impressed with the coco so far.

I used this old cooler that was converted to a hydro reservoir for the AutoPots. The double wide milk crate made a great elevation base for the reservoir.

“If you set your weed reservoir on a double wide milk crate, you might be a redneck.”

2 Likes

Double down!! What if your double wide is inside of a double wide trailer?? Now your a super redneck Jeff!!!

@Fieldofdreams, I am afraid that would be too redneck, for even me. But surely there is someone brave to give it a try.
So you noticed the blatant rip off of, Mr. Foxworthy, did you?

1 Like

We’ve gone to a few of his live performances lol. Blue Collar was epic. It was a great pull though and I enjoyed you reference lol. :+1:t2::sunglasses::wink:

I still laugh my ass off when seeing the reruns of that, especially Larry the Cable Guy. The funniest comedian with the best delivery ever!

Larry opened up for Creed at Merriweather Post Pavilion years ago and it was an epic evening for us. Comedy is under attack nowadays.

In the late 80s my wife worked in a local comedy club, and made great money there. Especially on Fridays, the club where they had the shows had a happy hour. Then a complete change of crowd for the first show, and then another crowd change for the second show. I liked to count the tips for her when picking her up at the end of the night. She always did better than her coworkers. She was small and aggressive enough to squeeze through the crowds of laughing people, and get people their drinks.
There is just something about those live shows with the crowds that much better.

1 Like

And if your ‘partaking’ it’s that much better lol!!!