90 mph winds sweeping across the state

I just moved the crew to the west end of my deck up against our new sliding deck door. This stuff is coming straight from the prevailing WNW wind.
I’ve never seen a storm cell match up with the river before. I guess it happens and I wasn’t aware of it.

The only good thing about 90 mph winds is they don’t last long, but they can destroy shit with the quickness.

3 Likes

Good luck my dude. I have family in Iowa and they are saying a lot of trees down and stuff like that. I’m sitting here hoping it’s not too bad, or it’s bad enough that I can at least get a new garage out of it. Gotta look for silver lining in everything ya know

1 Like

Thanks, we certainly appreciate that. It looks to be within the hour. The last time we had one of these, I got a little nervous. It’s done this about five times in 20 years, but three of those were in the last three years. So there we have it.

2 Likes

I better bring the seedlings inside

1 Like

Power out here, sirens went off about 20 min ago. Pretty mild I think. My wife is at dentist and said street signs are bent over 15 miles away.

1 Like

Comcast is down , now my wife is going to want to talk . I’m need to start getting high now

3 Likes

You do that too?

1 Like

They’re saying the big winds are back end of this.

1 Like

You should pull those babies in the living room til it passes!

2 Likes

doesn’t seem like case here, yet anyway. Power on, internet rolling, and we’re at light rain with some mild gusts.

1 Like

We got lucky! There was some 30 to 40 mph gusts, but were good.

1 Like

Nature of my work leads to having a butt load of meteorological recording stations scattered throughout our area. 96.1 mph was highest recorded gust and sustained winds recorded in the upper 70’s. Big outdoor plant split right down the center.

1 Like

Man we got so lucky up here north of you guys.

1 Like

Couple small limbs down around our house, but next 2 streets over were without power until yesterday.

1 Like

You don’t know how good you have until the power goes out for about 24 hours. I can’t imagine what it’s like for those folks. My buddy is a coach at LSU, and during Katrina he didn’t have power for a month! I ain’t whining!

1 Like

I know, this nothing more than temporary setback. We purchased home we’re in last summer, if we decide that we’ll be here for a while bu gen will be installed within next year or two.

1 Like

We have streets ,where you can’t see the sky because 100+ yr old trees canopy the street. So we got hit hard ,there are so many trees in the street still. My wife rides the Metra train home from work and on that day she tried 3 different trains and they all was down because of trees on the tracks. I had to go get her.

1 Like

I hate it for you guys and all those folks.

I’ll be glad when this years over.