9 plants .. 1 flowering .. 8 not

Yah I know I do indoor grows I’ve got Moby dick goin’ now it’s got about four weeks left

3 Likes

If you decide to force a photo into flower just be sure you don’t let it reveg :wink:

2 Likes

Nope… will not do any forcing… I grow outdoors so I do not have the hassle of messing with light issues… if that does not work then heck with it…

2 Likes

things are looking up… Birthday Cake Kush, Bubble Gum, and Gorilla Glue are all looking like they are ready to flower… now need to get Mango (x2), Amnesia Haze (x2), and 24K Gold on the program… thanks to you all for being a listening ear and offering your helpful comments…

2 Likes

What’s the origin of the 24k Gold…it sounds interesting and possibly a really frosty strain? I just like gold stuff

1 Like

Feminized seeds from Pacific Seeds… listed as from NorCal Farms . our first time growing it…

It is a huge plant… It started getting to tall for my tent so it clipped the top… It now has bushed out to take over almost the whole tent by itself (last 3 years I have grown 3 and 4 plants per tent) and has grown to the top again… It is massive … LOL… I tried to take a picture but it does not show how big it really is…

24k Gold Feminized Marijuana Seeds - Pacific Seed Bank

Photos are finicky plants, you have a few things to consider when growing them. The first is the flowering length… that means how long it takes once a plant has begun to flower until it ripens. There are even a few auto strains that flower in 5 weeks but take 16 additional weeks to finish… mostly Thai crosses.
The next thing is time to flower, this is quite variable from strain to strain, and even pheno to pheno. I have grown some from the same seed that started to bud 3 weeks apart… that seems less likely to happen with autos? The pay off with photos is obviously the larger yields. That said, you can get more dope by growing more plants.
Here is why this can really matter… if you combine a long flowering period with a late flowering strain or pheno, you may run out of season? Or, the light intensity or day length gets so short that there isnt enough solar energy to grow a decent bud.
My suggestion, is to grow out a few different strains and see which ones do best in your latitude and micro climate. Grow them without topping or bending if possible, just to learn hiw they grow naturally. This allows you to improve on the structure knowing how they would grow naturally. Once you find what does well, then select plants that are similar for future grows. Here is an example. These plants are both Afghan landraces… I knew from experience they tend to grow very bushy so I dont need to top them. The plant on the right I grew last year, its a Balkh. The new addition is from another district in the same province in Afghanistan. I assumed it would be similar? So far it seems to be very similar except very round and has purple leaf stems instead of green. Flower should begin in the next week or so. And extend into early November. Thats really pushing it for here as snow comes around that time.

This next strain is also a landrace from Lebanon, it is considered a photo but is what is known as day neutral. Behaves more like an auto but is a very early photo. This is the first growing of this strain.

So in short, its best to grow as many different strains as possible to determine the suitability in your area. Grow them out naturally to see their normal develpment and if they finish well, improvebon them the next season.

3 Likes