9 months wait for weed vs 4 is it worth it?

Just wondering, I know the vast majority cant grow weed outside, but if you could, would you be willing to wait for 9 months to harvest? or would you prefer to just grow smaller faster plants? Is the determining factor for most of us time or secrecy? Or is it nostalgia or more modern strains? Patients or just get er done ?

3 Likes

I would do both. Long as you can get one hell of a crop off one and you have the space…DO IT. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I have never grown outside for legality reasons. If that wasn’t an issue, I would be hard pressed to do seriously anyway.

Cons

1. Bugs
  2. Animals
  3. Thieves
  4. Lack of control over environment
  5. Outdoor buds are spindly
  6. My season isn’t conducive
  7. Did I say thieves and bugs?

Pros

1. You don’t have to pay for light?

Seems like easy decision to me. I would probably plant an auto or two just for shits and giggles.

8 Likes

If you can get past all of those, I wouldn’t want my entire supply riding on one crop. Keep it diverse!

5 Likes

That is why I said do both. I should have clarified that point. I say grow a big mother outdoors but make sure you have others in case something happens to Big Bertha. :+1:

4 Likes

I grew enough weed last year to supply my friends and me for 2 years or more! In 1 crop. But yes thats a valid point too.

5 Likes

im splitting the middle this year and greenhousing them, call it an indoor / outdoor lol :laughing: free sun anyway! Mind you I did pay for sun for 3 months or so! So I guess nothing is really free right?

4 Likes

Im never going back to outdoor. Fighting bugs, thieves, animals, cops in helicopters… screw all that. It aint worth it. Not when a 4x4 can spit a pound of bud at a time out and all i gotta do is lst and feed.

3 Likes

I grew outdoor for the 1st time last year trying again this year. It has its ups and downs for sure. Luckily I live in a legal grow state and thieves or bugs weren’t the problem. It was the unpredictable rain storms that gave us the most trouble! But I loved every minute of the outdoor growing experience roller coaster ride so I’m doing it again this year!! Happy Outdoor growing!

Last years outdoor

3 Likes

Very nice! Did you cover your plants when the rains came?

what kind of weed did you grow?

@Cannabian I didn’t cover them when it rained. We did have some repairs on the plants when we had one bad storm but over all it was a good summer.
The taller plant is Northern Lights and the smaller one is Lemon Drop.

We would repair it right away with zip tied or shoe string. I know some people use duck duct too. They always bounced back in the end you wouldn’t have known unless you pulled leaves back i wish I took more pics of the repairs.

This one i was repairing for th 2nd time

The cages really helped but more northen quickly out grew it!

And also a pole to tie the main stem to helped a lot as well with the rain

2 Likes

Prefix

After the fix

3 Likes

I am growing outside because I cant justify the expense of all the indoor supplies until/unless I get my husband onboard with growing. I dont know what all that will cost, but I think the lights alone will be over $800 bec, when I invest in supplies, I want to do it right the first time and get quality stuff. Dbrn has a very accurate list of the trials and challenges of outdoor gardens. Pita fosho!!

2 Likes

@Tenga you gotta get your husband on board!!! Its been something you guys can do together and bond! I grew outdoor last year and I’m doing indoor and outdoor this year. I see your getting back to smoking so the expenses might not be the fit for you for indoor grow right now unless you wanted to grow vegetables and herbs all year too. And yes lights are expensive but so worth it if you smoke like I do. My indoor setup is like a month worth of bud for me. So as long as this year’s yield is at least a months worth I’ve made my money back. Me and the husband bonded a lot growing outdoor last year and its continued into the new indoor challenge! He doesn’t even smoke! But its something we can do together and I smoke A LOT!

3 Likes