9 Little Sprouts and a Lemon Tree

Hey Everyone. I wish everyone happy growing!
I love this site and have decided to start a Grow Journal to document my grow and get assistance from this awesome community.
So I planted all of these about 36hrs ago, so I’ll consider this pretty much day one.
Feel free to :rofl: at my light set up. I know it’s janky…but it works great for seedlings and I already have a germination. My Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and 3 more qts of FF Trio will be here tomorrow. Thank you for that @Hellraiser and @MrPeat. @Cannabian @Myfriendis410 @Davyg Also my new buds @Zee @OlyBoy98503. Thank you all for your help!
DAY 1
9 Bag Seeds germinating directly into substrate.
Medium (for now): Kellogg’s Organic garden and flower.
Strain: I’m told Gorilla Glue, but you never know :man_shrugging:t3:.
Lights: about 185? actual watts. 13,000 Lumens hitting the soil at this light height. And the Lemon Tree is thriving.
These will all be outdoor grows. My seedling room is also my Flowering Female’s Dark room.
That’s about it for now. If anyone has any questions or comments please let me know.
I know I’ll have questions. Thank you everyone!

5 Likes

Oh and this poor little thing. He has been transplanted 3 times now. Why you ask? Great question. My German Shepard/Lab has a tendency to munch on my plants. So he has pulled this one out 3 dang times. May or may not make it, it’s in total shock.

4 Likes

Thank you for the tag. Looks like you’re off to a good start and aware of the pitfalls that will invariably come your way. The lights look fine for seedlings but you know that as well. Looking good buddy looking good. Last picture looks like the soil is too hot, she’s burning at the tips :scream:

5 Likes

Yeah @Davyg I’ll be luck if I get half of them to Veg, and then of course gotta then hope for the Ladies.
But I will document as I go. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Anytime buddy and you’re right this community is awesome :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Great start! My wife started some lemon trees a few months ago. You’re going to be busy with all those girls, looking forward to your updates!

Happy growing!

2 Likes

@Zee yeah went with quantity because I know I’ll lose a few…but yeah I’ll be a busy farmer here in a few weeks. My wife is not the biggest fan of my growing. But, she is a fan of the relief the medicine gives me!

3 Likes

if they survive the german Sheppard you will have too many plants my friend!
If I may ask, what are your plans for lighting in the near future? Thise wont make bud, are you gonna finish outdoors?

2 Likes

Yeah… @Cannabian. I got the seeds for free, so that was my first plus. :grinning:.
He says they are Gorilla Glue, all I can do is take his word. So my train of thought on this “big grow” is…these are bag seeds, I highly doubt these are all feminized. So I expect to have some males. And this will be my first grow using feed and nutrients. So I may lose some to inexperience. I am hoping for 1 to 3 females.
Oh and yes, they are only germinating in the closet. As soon as they get a week or two into seedlings, they will be 100% outdoor grows.

2 Likes

Remember, that now we are at the summer solstice you can go right from 18/6 to outside. You still need to jarden them off though! If you use pots wrap them in white or tan to keep the soil cool. I prefer to dig a big hole and fill it with good quality soil and plant directly into that.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh understood. I will have to use pots.
Thanks to said German Shepard.
I never even thought about the color of the pot holding in heat. But makes sense, like a black t-shirt on a hot day.
Think it would be better to just move them out now and sprout them outside?

1 Like

yep it just might be, its warm enough. Put the pots in the shade until the sprouts pop up. Is your dog a male? If so dont let him pee on you pots! It will kill your weed fast!

2 Likes

Yes he’s a male, and ohhhh yeah, I elevate them all for that very reason!
I moved my seedlings in the plastic pots outside just now. (In the fence shade) The metal pots were all I had remaining to use, so I’ll keep those under the lights for now so they don’t heat up in the heat. Appreciate the help!

3 Likes

Enjoy the process!

3 Likes

Mind if I join the party?
Good vibes and good luck :v:

3 Likes

Hey @DankBank22 , thought I’d stop by and watch your grow from time to time. You’re starting your seedlings outside much earlier than I did! Wish you the best, hopefully they’re looking good outside and good call on elevating them!

3 Likes

Hey @SweetsOnDeck, appreciate the check ins. I’ll certainly do the same. Appreciate ya!
Yeah temps are high, but humidity is staying in the high 60’s low 70’s. So I like to get them out of the house when I can. Guess I should update, I’ve actually whittled down my 9 seeds to 3. Had a 2 friends from way back show up today. Gave them some parting favors. I got them for free, so returning them favor.
Guess I should update that in my post hahah. Have to wait till tomorrow hahah…trying to finish last season of Ozark!

1 Like

@DankBank22 of course, appreciate your checkins too! That humidity level sounds ideal from my research. By me it’s been quite low but finally picking up. Super cool of you to offer some party favors to close friends! I feel like that would be one of the most exciting gifts ever! Hope your 3 do well.

2 Likes

Hopefully the RH will bump up for ya soon.
Amazing how strong these plants actually can be. Hey you ever have to deal with odor control?

1 Like

UPDATE:
9 little sprouts have been reduce to 3 little sprouts. For a couple reasons.
I’ve realized that 9 plants is going to be way too much for my purposes. And, I had some really good friends pop in to see me yesterday. So, I cut my plants by a 3rd. I have each friend 3 plants ea. The seeds were free for me, so just paying it forward. (I hate that term, don’t know why I used it hahah)
Also, I’ve gone ahead and transplanted all 3 into one gal pots. I know it’s a bit pre-mature for the two seedlings. But I believe I have enough exp to control the watering. And I wanted to get everything into the FFOF soil.
Still trying to nurse “Dogbite” back to health.
Still looking rough.

2 Likes