80s movies we love-warts and all/Favorite movies to get stoned to

I haven’t seen the new one yet. I forgot they even made a new one until I did the search for a picture of Pinhead

1 Like

Don’t leave out this guy

4 Likes

Guilty as charged! :rofl:

SL out.

“Know what I mean, Vern?!” :rofl:
TheBeastmaster
Did you know they painted the tiger black, and the tiger got poisoning from the paint and died after the film?! :frowning_face:
I won’t lie, I thought the 8ft tall white scary creatures were kinda cool.

SL out.

1 Like

Limited dialog 2 hr car chase. What could be better?

3 Likes

"No more talk, I say we go IN! " Gotta love HUMONGOUS! :+1:

Was I the only one as a teen that thought the long haired honey in white at the compound was gorgeous??

SL out.

3 Likes

@TheOldManDowntheRoad Happy Canna-versary! :+1: :facepunch: :clap: :birthday:

SL out.

2 Likes

I watched this last night stoned…deserves a mention.

Paying the rent will never be the same again :face_vomiting:

SL out.

1 Like

Best movie to get high for me is
How high

1 Like

AWW Man…All you guys listed some great ones…So so many too many to re-mention but all memorable…

![th-937567982|333x500](upload://hKFSrAEIbow4Oo84GBpuUS78Q1b.

th-930941310

Just a few…

6 Likes

“I wanna be an Airborne Ranger…” BC is a classic!

“Thats not all she broke…” WS . Good call :+1:

Kenny Loggins has soundtracks on three of the films mentioned. He was on :fire:
Anytime I think of the Dalai Lama, I think of Caddyshack…

I remember I bumped into Kevin Bacon and his daughter at Park City Mountain Resort a while back. I mutteres ,“don’t tell anyone you saw ME…” He chuckled. Between my friends- I won the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon " I guess :rofl:

“I said hey Sky, sucka say I won’t say, pray to Jay I did the same ol…” :rofl: Airplane and the jive guys… :+1: I learned their whole dialog way back when… “sheeeeeeeet” (golly)

The ZOMBIE purple rain was a nice touch :rofl:

“I’d buy that for a dollar!” Robocop. Classic!

Chunk went to UC Berkeley. I worked with a frat brother of his. I heard Chunk evem ran for class president in college. Ride that train till the wheels fall off,no?!

The Indianapolis speech in JAWS. :disappointed_relieved:

I was living in Hawaii in 93. I was going to eat with some roommates for dinner. As we enter the parking garage elevator,-Cary Hiroyuki Togawa-aka-SHANG TSUNG- was walking out of an elevator with two blonde ahem females scantily dressed, on each arm. I’m the only one in my group that recognized him.
“I love your work, man…”
“Aw thanks bruddah…” and he walked away smiling :rofl:

The THING. Aw man…so good! The ending was classic!

Blues Brothers. Once again, Carrie Fisher being awesome :rofl:

REMO is underrated classic. “I’m better than that…”

I couldn’t watch Harry and the Hendersons. The bigfoot reminded me of one of my uncles friends who was a crackhead :rofl: Too close to home.
Turner and Hooch. Well, I love dogs, so that gets props :+1:

“Achmel, would you like an espresso with a lemon twist?!” Pinchot was easily the best part of the film. :rofl:

TG-“take me to Bed or lose me forever…” RIP Goose :pray:

Right on! :facepunch:
SL out.

4 Likes

Ha ha…Thanks for the quote lines great movie quote memories…My family and brothers were and are always quoting movie lines/phrases…Some we almost know every line in the movie… :rofl: :rofl:some memorable ones also…

Blue Bros…“were on a mission from god”
Achmel…“.whud it purtaining”…
Jaws “were gonna need a bigger boat” & “some bad hat harry”

more for sure…I know I have many more movies to post up…I gotta jog my memory…more to come
Nice topic @Slug_Life

2 Likes

@AL_GREEN @DoneDeal I owe all the inspiration to you two. :+1:

I love when my youngest son goes, “son of a b×tch must pay…”
Big_Trouble_in_Little_China_Film_Poster

My oldest loves this movie so much-he made me fly him to LA for Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles. :rofl: We went to the same spot Obama went to.

He is always quick to mention Dr Wu and his fiendish Karate schemes :rofl:
It is great to watch stoned. I grew up watching DOLOMITE so the jokes run deep :rofl:
The subplot of Malt Liquor giving you a small “piece,” was genius yet a little too late. A little revisionists history wrapped inside a should woulda coulda hot pocket rolled in some bittersweet nostalgia…and SMUSH fried :wink:

But as a father, one of my proudest moments-is to hear both my sons say, “We got bush…” when something good happens :rofl:

SL out.

2 Likes

Thanks bro, I just heard a good idea and agreed with it.

Kick him in the nards!!! Wolfman don’t have nards… Wolfman’s got nards!!!

5 Likes

This is a two-fer. Cracks me up stoned or not :rofl:

“When there was no crawdad, we ate sand…”
“You ate sand?”
“We ate sand…”

SL out.

3 Likes

Who do you think you are?.. I’m

It was on cinevault 80s last night LOL so I had to watch

3 Likes

Honestly-
The movie was filmed in Oakland at a shut down/closed school. 5714 MLK way. It just so happens that that school was a block away from where I lived at the time-848 58th st and MLK way. I literally would walk up the block and watch them filming,setting up, etc.
A lot of kids I knew/ went to school with were extras.
When I watch the flick, it’s surreal because I was 16 at the time. And some of those kids are gone now. :pray:

This joint is for all you guys :smoking:

SL out.

3 Likes

That’s awesome to be part of History like that!!! The whole time I watched the movie last night I was thinking I wonder who they paid to paint all that graffiti… The community did it for $free.99 I know now :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Two words. Wrecka Stow. :rofl:

SL out.

1 Like

1 Like