8 day old seedlings turning yellow

Hello. This is my first grow and my seedlings seem to be going slightly yellow. I have 4 Zkittles seedlings growing in Root Royal 70% coco 30% perlite. They are 8 days old and all I’ve giving them are water with orca. A half ml to a half gallon of water. They were looking great yesterday now they seem to be yellowing. Should I be worried?

1 Like

Looks like you may be over-watering a bit. In those cups I’d be surprised if they need a shot glass worth of water per day even with Coco.

It looks like from pic to pic, you can see the medium settling which is why you’re seeing the yellow at the bottom of the stem, you can top it up a bit if you have more coco hydrated.

Looks healthy overall, but don’t drown her.

EDIT: Didn’t realize they were multiple seedlings. Same comment still really, be careful not to overwater IMO.

3 Likes

They barely have roots at this point to even take water directly. I’d dome them and mist top of dome.

5 Likes

Also good to plant in clear cup and insert into a red one so you can monitor the root growth for better timing at transplant just a couple tip I’ve learned here!

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve put more coco to cover the lower stem.

3 Likes

Thanks. I have added the dome and sprayed it. Should I open any vents?

1 Like

Just to confirm you do have drain holes in those solo cups right?

1 Like

Yes. I cut 3 holes in the bottom corners. Should I crack the vents open on the dome a bit to circulate air?

In my opinion yes
Air circulation is always good in general

Overall they look great, all the right shape and size unlike my two last plants

2 Likes

I was worried I’d lose some humidity and my temps would be to high so I put a Grovee temp and rh meter at canopy level. Temps are 86F and RH at 82%. That has to be over kill right?

Those are some freaky looking seedlings. I’m curious as to how they would grow. Keep me updated.

1 Like

Will do
I’ve already been through this and she will probably turn out normal

This one started the same way and look at her now

2 Likes

I definitely had to open the vents the temperature is 91F and RH is 81%. What’s the ideal temperature and RH for the seedlings?

1 Like

73-75 degrees f and 65-75% rh. 91 is way too hot. What kind of light do you have them under? Do you have a vent system set up? What about automation?

2 Likes

VIVOSUN 6500K 2FT T5, the only venting I’m using are the vents on the dome. What is a automation system?

1 Like

This is my nursery setup. I added a fan to combat the high temperature now my rh has dropped to 65% and temps 87f should I remove the box under my tray?

Of your grow area. Need a in-line fan or something to remove the heat.

Without knowing exactly what you are using for equipment. The light is too close or too bright. It’s heating your dome too much. Most people use very low watt lights for seedlings, other lights have dimmers….bottom line is that your light is gonna bake those ladies as it is. Ive never used a t5 light @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 might be able to help. Fill this out, they will need the info to get ya underway.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

Answers
Strain Zkittles, ILGM, Femanized photo
10 day old seedlings
Medium /30 cocolite from Root Royal
Solo cup with drain holes
NA
NA
Indoor in humidity dome
VIVOSUN 6500K 2FT T5 fluorescent
24watts
24 hours on
Day temp 85-88 with dome on. Without dome 72-76
Night temp 82-85 with dome on. Without dome 70-75
Day humidity 81-86 with dome on. Without dome 73-75
Night humidity 79-81 with dome on. Without dome 72-75
Only ventilation is 4 vents on dome and 6" fan
NA
No

1 Like

Not sure if you received the notification. I posted the answers to the list of questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Sorry about the delay my friend. Im sure they are rolling on along tho. Didnt see anything that stood out to worry me. You could possibly lose the domes. 75~% without means they will be fine. More humidity helps at that fragile stage. But u have plenty.

I dont know very much about coco tho. Sorry bro. But i have a few friends that grow in it. And they feed from seed for the most part. Everytime. They also speak of rinsing coco before use then soaking it in a nutrient rich solution… precharging it so to speak. What brand do you use? And did you perhaps do any of the aforementioned steps?

Welcome to ILGM btw!

2 Likes