8 autos, organic fed coco, 2x4 tent

Good score on the HF.

1 Like

made my coco up added some perlite and topped the pots off. I soaked an 11lb brick of coco in water,and after adding 5 gallons of perlite have almost enough coco to fill 4 and 1/2 five gallon pots. Heck yeah, ran some water through it and it phed at 6.4 and ppm of 117. Perfect.

3 Likes

Your good blab on. I like to hear/read peoples stories.

Lil update. Approaching week 5. My baby lemon haze auto is struggling a bit on Jack’s 321 but outside of that full steam ahead. 6 - 2 gals in a 2x3 You got this.

4 Likes

Wonder whats got her struggling? Everyone raves about jacks. Reckon it might be lockout? You have a very full tent as well. Just like me. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

She’s showing a calcium deficiency rn but also early signs of the claw so I’m trying to dial her in by cutting back the cal nitrate a bit while supplementing with some calmg. The photos I ran under the 321 are also looking a bit hungry for calmg.

The two autos I fed only DTE dry amendments are doing well for not having any top dressing or anything. Def a good grow option for a lower maintenance coco grow. The other 3 blueberry girls are on GH 3 part (which I’m used to) and cranking full steam. Interested in seeing if we’ll pull a gram a watt.

1 Like

I use to always hit a cal problem right at the start of flower due to salt build up dropping my ph under 5.8. I was way over feeding FF trio.

I switches to 6 and 2 today. I am going to try it and see how the plants do. Every pot got 2 cups of water, some from the top most through the bottom.

I would run into the same problem but about 2 weeks into flower. I would have a issue with nitrogen on one grow think I figured it out for the next and the problem would just change to a calcium deficiency or magnesium for the next grow. I felt like a dog chasing his tail. It never got bad enough that I lost a plant or anything but I definitely think it extended time for flower. That’s what made me start looking into other brands of nutes and eventually going on to living soil and I’ve never been happier, my life is so much easier with organics

2 Likes

@MeEasy amen! ORGANIC RULE! takes almost all the guess work out.

1 Like

Yes sir @Axemanjake23 I cheat and buy a premixed bag of amendments that I just add to my existing soil and grow it’s great. I was very sceptical about it at first but just finished my first grow with it and I’m excited to see how it goes on my next round because I was told that the soil gets better every time you’re just adding to an already healthy soil

1 Like

What premix are you using? I use Dr. Earths pre mix home grown and flower girl.

I agree wholeheartedly. I started on GH 3 part series then went to true living organics for much of my grows, super soil etc. The startup for various guanos and stuff like that pushed me away for a bit so I started experimenting with Down to Earth. I tried Dr Earth but I kept running into a nitrogen deficiency early flower and would have to make teas etc so I switched to DTE for this trial. I ran their Rose n Flower along with their Vegetable mixture in coco replicating Mr Canucks minus the brand differences and DTE has taken me from seed all the way through to now with no deficiencies. So yeah, def gonna run a good bit of my next lineup on that to check for consistency.

I’m liking the results I’m seeing. One plant won’t yield much and I’m blaming that on genetics since these mystery packs by Sweet seeds seem like they’re scrap seeds or byproducts of them trying to breed. I mean out of 6 seeds I’ve ran so far I got a good strain outta one plant, the others had terrible bud structure and minimal trichome development. My tangerine dream however is the biggest plant in the tent and is on the same nutrients schedule.

1 Like

Dr. Earth is the only premix I use. I also add worm castings, compost, and teas so I get more N. And around 2 to 3 weeks I will give them Alaska fish fert, good N boost. DTE does have some nice things. I will have to check out mr. Canuck on youtube. Sounds like you are dialed in

2 Likes

I use some stuff called earth dust I actually learned about it from Mr Canuck on YouTube he uses the LEDs from the same company I get earth dust from. Like I said I have only gone one round with it. I found another place that has a similar product kisorganics.com and they carry the coots guys stuff, almost all the amendments to build your own soil, and water only soil. My plan was to switch to KIS but after the great results from ED there’s no way I’m changing. I do use potassium silicate and aloe flakes in addition to ED but that’s it, I gave my plants one dose of tea made from ED boost but just because I wanted to give em a little extra about week 7 of flower. They would have finished without it

These are from my last grow using ED

6 Likes

Yeah man. 2 tablespoons of both per gal and pHd cal mg straight thru is all it was. We talking $30. Now this is for autos so I’d imagine you could top dress with the Rose n flower (which is 484) for flower if you feel you need it.

I’ve actually been following Somehiguy on the tube as well. He gets phenomenal yields using jacks for autos.

1 Like

Did nothing today.

3 Likes

My pots were light today so I gave some water. I watered tell I got a lil run off. Ph is 6.3 to 6.6 and ppms are 1200 to 1500. That seems perfect to me. Happy plants. I think 9 days old. I did trim the first set of leaves off most today. To close to the soil.

2 Likes

That high of ppm on the feed?

1 Like