8 autos, organic fed coco, 2x4 tent

@Axemanjake23 I just switched to an organic live soil myself and I really learned alot from the guys over at homestead. I was reading through this thinkin we share thoughts, ideas, or just a little crazy lol. I just came out of the closet lol (a 2.5x6 with 6 5gal plants this round) into a tent hoping for better control of the environment and right away stuffed 9 5gal pots in my 4x4 seeds are 3 days old still in cups so we’ll see what happens it looks like your tent, just a little full and nothing is even growing yet. Anyways just wanted to share this link after reading through it I added a couple items to my arsenal. Good luck on your jungle :evergreen_tree::sunglasses::deciduous_tree:

How to Feed Cannabis, Organically: Top-Dressings, Teas, & More! ~ Homestead and Chill

2 Likes

@MeEasy I will dive into that tonight at work. Thanks man.

Well all 8 popped. 100% germ rate. Hell ya.

1 Like

@anon86641082 here is the new grow I just started. Tag me in urs as well

Hello fellow growers. My seedling are doing pretty ok for 3 days out the soil. I pulled the domes and installed a humidifier. My RH is around 60% and temp is 72°f to 82°f. Lights are on 24hr. I am thinking of trying 6hr light 2 hrs dark schedule this grow. Has anyone tried this? Here they are now

1 Like

Just an FYI if the paper from work has images on them that is a toner made from oil/plastic and if it’s blank the paper has been bleached. The cardboard has a glue used to stick the layers together and I don’t know what that is made of. I used to use cardboard boxes shredded but then wondered what that glue was made of. Didn’t look it up just decided I had other options like Paper bags from grocery shopping or take out or single layer boxes or empty raw papers etc is what I use now for mulch or food for the worms.

If I do have some run off that doesn’t get wicked back up I’ll just pour that into another pot that didn’t.

1 Like

The girls seem to be growing fast. My critical mass has a little yellow around its leaf tips. My soil maybe a little hot. She will grow through it.

3 Likes

Been giving water about every 3 to 4 days, I water the top of the pot a few ozs and the bottom tray a few ozs as well. The plants are growing quick.

2 Likes

Lookin dam good still waiting for 2 seeds to peek through the top I cheated and checked on them and they seem to be lively enough I think they’re having a hard time getting a good grip on the coco coir to push their way up lol the seed stage is always the most nerve racking stage for me

1 Like

LoL I had to go take this picture because after looking in on them I sat down and looking around I saw yours they look about the same. It made me giggle because mine looked like a scale model of yours so had to share… by the way all of these are going into a 4x4 so we must think a little alike too

3 Likes

Sea of green, I want to train and fill every inch of my tent.

I just got my tent. In my closet I was playing around with training obviously trying to get the max out of my space and in my last attempt I trained 4 plants in the middle as manifold just where the main stem crosses I formed a Y instead of a T to keep em inside their own space 14" bottom saucer same as in my pic. Now I’m gonna try to do the same in a tent hoping to make my manifolds with all the buds in rows. Not sure if you can see my vision of rows. I bought a net I’m hoping not to use, I want to try to make an H out of sticks in each separate pot so everything remains mobile so if there’s a problem with one I can pull it and work on it. Sorry for the book lol on my third cup of mud here lol I drew it on a manifold pic of someone else the red is stick yellow is training wire hopefully I can make even spacing and nice rows… this is my brain child and wtf I don’t have anything else to do right now lol

2 Likes

How is this one for buds in a row?

6 Likes

Damn @beardless that’s wild and beautiful thanks for sharing that. Kinda what I’m getting at only with 8 tops each and 3 plants in each row, letting it Y a little more in the middle to keep it high n tight. Can’t stop looking at that I’m probably gonna snag your pic and possibly try something like that some year

1 Like

It sounded like you wanted something flat so I search espalier. A training technique used on fruit trees, ornamentals, grapes and other vines. Oh, and throw in cannabis after espalier. Go nuts

1 Like

Those are some good looking training techniques. Will be neat to see how they do. I kinda spider mine out in all directions when I train.

1 Like

When I was forced to start growing inside I only had a couple 600w blurples 113w actual each and when I tried to grow out some decent sized plants they just wouldn’t finish em I’d end up with buds that couldn’t fill a one hitter. So I started switching to flower sooner and putting two plants under each light, I doubled my weight doing it. Now I have some slightly more powerful lights I’ve finished some nice plants in my closet but struggling keeping the temp down so now I’m moving into a tent hoping that I can control the environment better. I have to start over on experimenting with different things to max my weight so here we go gonna do a hybrid manifold + sog… manifold to allow lots of airflow… sog because I’m greedy

1 Like

This is a Jack Herer auto from almost a week ago. She is now 10 - 14 away from harvest. The scrog is just under 24 inches

She is under 125W and 130W blurples and a 50W Kind flower bar. It is the second auto I have grown under this light combination. I grow it kind of as a bonus crop. Have the space, have the lights so might as well put them to use. So, if you have a corner somewhere, double up the blurples and fire up an auto.

2 Likes

I want to do a net so bad. My next grow will be a nice long veg under a net. I plan to fill my whole tent with 2 plants. 1 Jack Herer, and 1 White widow. My two fave strains. But I have to wait tell this one is over. Oh btw happy frog is on sale at rural king 15 bucks a sack. That stuff is 35 bucks a bag on amazon. Wow.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. 18 months ago I asked “can I buy cannabis seeds?” A whole new world was out there I naively did not know existed. That is how I found ILGM, bought some auto seeds, bought the gear, joined the forum a little later and, so it is.

Very sorry to hear that. I have been there too. Hope your surgery and recovering goes well.

1 Like