8 autos, organic fed coco, 2x4 tent

Am I crazy? No, I just saw someone else do it and I have a bunch of auto seeds. I am going for a sea of green, with lots of LST and selected trimming. I have 6 2gallon pots and 2 3gallon pots. My medium is 70%30% coco perlite mix with worm castings and compost added to it. I also mixed in at 2tbdp per gallon of medium dr. Earth home grown veg, and flower girl at a 80%/20% mix. I also added some bone meal and kelp meal. This mix should last tell the ladies start flower. Then I will have to top dress every 3 weeks. I will not water to runoff unless I need to diagnose a problem. Now for strains.

2 white widows by green house seeds 3 gal pots
1 super lemon haze by green house seeds
1 mazar by dutch passion
1 banana glue by dutch passion
1 amniesa haze by 00 seeds
1 sweet critical by 00 seeds
1 alaskan purple by seedsman.

Today I placed all seeds in jiffy pucks right into the medium and covered with mason jars to keep rh% up. My lights are turned all the way down and are 20 inches away. Of course that will get adjusted as they grow. I start my seeds out 24hrs of light. I will put them on 18/6 after a few weeks.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Your crazy haha
There’s room in there now but look out it’s gonna get full.
Great adventure for sure.
You may find you’ll need to water more and add more nutrients later in the grow than what your planning due to using the 2 gallon pots but it will work for sure. Depends on how much plant mass each one is. If your limiting each to like 4 main colas than they won’t eat or drink as much. Are they photo or auto?
But ya never know your plan may be on point.
Good growing growmie

3 Likes

They are all autos. I plan on keeping them small and short. I am shooting for 1 to 2 zips per plant. I was following a grow on growweedeasy dot com and wanted to out my organic spin on it. I maybe biting off more than I can chew but if thats the case I can move some out. Thanks from coming by @Skydiver and @Oldguy. Stick around it is going to get exciting.

@Oldtimer69
@MyHd
@MadCandy
@Audiofreak
@DefNSmokn
@GreenSnek

6 Likes

Keen to watch :+1:

2 Likes

Im watching too I can barely squeeze 4 autos in my 2.75 x 3.5 closet im curious how this will turn out my guess is the small pots will root lock keeping them on the petite side but then again ive seen monsters grow out of solo cups so what do I know lol, you have the advantage of growing organically and not needing to flush though

1 Like

@GreenSnek The pots being cloth the roots should self prune. And the smaller pots should keep the plants on the petite side. I will make them the size I want. It will be work but fun as hell. Thanks for stopping by.

@Fergus thanks as well.

What is everyone smoking right now. I tried my first nug of jack herer from about 3 weeks ago. OMG. I lov3 it

1 Like

Ive been making canna caps and been licking my fingers for about 90 minutes while doing so. Starting to get a little spark on :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m running 6 in a 2x3 rn. I’ve been doing it at the start of my grows for almost 2 years. I prefer to start them at different times though so you could call it a perpetual harvest but I actually finish and reset.

My grow is a lab rn esp cuz I’m doing some fun stuff. I just figured out a DTE feed amount that would get me from seed to harvest in coco using only water n cal mg. Finishing up my GH 3 part series on the blueberry and switched to the Jack’s 321 for the lemon haze n beyond. By the time I need to train I’ll have all the others about wrapped up. And as that grows Ima run some Black Dog OG and Watermelon Zkittlez photos that I’ll finish up with by mainlining in 5 gal pots. Sometimes, what seems like chaos works lol.

3 Likes

I finally finished drying 2 zkittles from my 1st grow ive been smoking some speed dried herb from 1 and whoosh it was harsh but the quality of high blows any street pot I’ve had out of the water talk about a fun happy clearheaded high. One came out a bit of a dud in the terp department if she’s still around at the end of 2nd grow she’ll be butterfied . My Jack herer might finally finish by Saturday (smells great like over ripe mangoes)and I can finally drop my seeds for 2nd grow I think I’ll be doing fast buds green crack and Mexican airlines, ilgm bubblegum, and sweet seeds devil cream all autos im still on the fence whether I should do a grow journal or not

2 Likes

@Fergus what is a canna cap?

1 Like

Cannabis capsules you decarb pot then put them in capsules , solid alternative if you can’t smoke and don’t like cooking

2 Likes

With living soils I understand this to be a recommendation. May I ask why not with your mix. Also, have you used this mix, or similar, before? The reason I ask is because I am considering a SOG grow using 6" nursery pots in a mix of coco, peat, perlite, compost with other ingredients like worm castings, lime, bone meal, blood mead, greensand, Langbeinite, and humic acid. Possibly some vermiculite depending on water retention characteristics.

1 Like

I dont want to wash away the food. Run off will do just that, some plant food will wash out with the run off. I water the top lightly and then water the tray under my pots and let the medium soak water up. I have grown a few like this. One grow I normally use amended coco and then my next I use amended peat soil. I reuse my coco and soil from grow to grow that is why I swap from soil to coco. I do get better results from coco but I am a cheap ass and refuse to throw away my used soil and go to all coco. Tag me in ur journal if you have one @beardless.

So after writing how cheap I was I bought another block of coco. And threw my soil from the last grow in my garden compost pile. I keep a few different compost piles, bins, and tubs. I use stuff like leaves, straw, and card board for browns in my outdoor piles. For greans they get yard clipping , stinging nettle, and trimmings from the garden. I use it to grow a veggie garden. My indoor is in a tub that I put all my green food scraps in for greens, coffee grounds, salads, eggs shells, most fruits and some peals. For browns I only use shredded cardboard or copy paper from work. That is the compost I mix in to make my medium.

1 Like

It all sounds familiar. I recycle my spent soil into the raised garden beds after I recharge it. We compost all kitchen waste but it goes into the garden beds once composted. I actually buy compost. It is from purple cow organics. It is good stuff and do not need a lot.
I just finished drying a 5kg block of Mother Earth coco. It is washed but I hydrate with CalMag and then dry for storage. I also like the GrowIt brand of coco blocks. It has a good mix of fiber and pith.
Good chatting. Good luck with your SOG.

3 Likes

Here’s a shot of em. The odd looking short one in the back is the mystery strain and the genetics are very odd but I think it’s Gelato by Sweet seeds. Tangerine dream is on the right and is bushier than I expected but it’s also very temperamental so ima wait a week and defoliate again (she gets super sad if you take her leaves). Lemon haze bottom right and the other 3 are blueberry autos. 51% humidity @75 degrees with night time temps hitting about 64. The mystery will likely finish first, the tangerine and blueberry then I’ll add the two photos, finish the lemon haze and change the light schedule. Growing like this damn near keeps a grow running while offering the chance for a nice variety so def keep me in the loop on your progress.

3 Likes

Always good to keep up with your studies lol.

1 Like

I barely had time to check on them today my sons cat is missing and we have been looking everywhere for that thing. He sure does love his cat. Anyways I have 6 babies through the soil as of 4pm central. The amnesia haze and one White widow have not popper yet. I bet they will in a few days.

@Chuygrowz this is my 3rd organic grow. I was on FF trio for a while but got tired of flushing and ph swings. I just harvested a grow that was all organic and made my medium from soil at the dollar general store. Like 5 bucks worth of soil lol. Haven’t pulled dry weight yet but I bet its close to 8.ozs total. I can tag you there too. I had to add soil acidfier every 3 weeks on that grow. Might help.

1 Like