8/2/21 White Widow & Gold Leaf

Supposed to be over 100° tomorrow… I worry too much. Installed this. Not pretty, but it will do. In set it to 78°.

Something may have nibbled a leaf…

Caught a dope muncher. Thank you @grizZz you were right! It was lounging right under a leaf of the plant it was munching on. It was removed. Hopefully it will not effect the plant too much.

Leaves seem a little droopy to me. I was thinking I may have over watered them.
@Budz mentioned they should be transplanted for more room. I was wondering when I should move to the 5 gallon buckets.

One has a wonky leaf.
Thoughts?

Leaves say they need room. Medium is super dry, I do see what would appear to be overwatering. But it’s literally a room issue. You need to transplant them today/tonight.

My 9 day old sprout that got knocked over by the puppy, so lost a days growth to healing. See how more room for roots means bigger plants?

3.6 gal pot.
Meaning this plant is only two days older than yours. One of those days was spent healing.

Getting it done! Was using Fox Farms Happy Frog Potting Soil. Garden center only had Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil. Good experiment at least…

Light hight from dirt is 23" and running at full power.
***Should I be running at full power?

Do I need another light?

1 Like

8/15/2021

Good morning yall. I was hoping I could get some opinions and advice. This may be a long winded post.
All plants were planted in the sprouter thing on 8/5.
All were in Fox Farms Happy Frog Potting Soil (FFHF).

All sprouts were transplanted to 5 gallon buckets on 8/14. 3 of them are planted in the FFHF, the remaining were planted in Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil (FFOF). The reason for this was no one had any FFHF left. There had been some drooping of leaves on 8/13 and some advice was given to transplant to bigger growing receptacles ASAP…

Ester is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF.
The leafs are a bit scrunched.

Sally is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF.

Mary is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF

Bonnie is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF.

Joline is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF.

Hildred is a Gold Leaf Feminized in FFOF.

Sandy is a Gold Leaf Feminized in FFOF.

Abby is a Gold Leaf Feminized in FFHF.

Zoe is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFOF.

Mildred is a Gold Leaf Feminized in FFOF.

Christine is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFHF.

Norma is a Gold Leaf Feminized in FFOF.

Theresa is a White Widow Auto-flower in FFHF.

2 of the sprouts did not thrive, they were culled.
h02B1F80D

Lighting is the HLG 600R-spec set on the third click on the dimmer.

This is the environment under the lights.

This is the environment in the room.

Any help, opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don.

2 Likes

Any opinions?

97 F = 24-hour high temp? Or all-time high temp?
Reset to 24 hour high/low readings.
If it did get to 97 F today, you got an issue to address. :+1:

I can not explain that temp. I may have put it on top of the light fixture while moving thing around…maybe.

I would get your humidity up a bit if u can.and seedlings don’t need a ton of light I don’t have experience with led yet so idk if the 3rd notch is too much or not. Water a circle around the seedling to make the roots stretch to the water not a whole much you can do at this point except try not to overwater and make sure the humidity is up higher.

1 Like

@NYDon u can read my journal. I always end up with some screwy seedlings Progress on White widow extreme,skywalker og

1 Like

Me too on the screwball seedlings

Critters are why I went hydro. I’m very new here but I have a couple observations.

I’ve been reading that seedlings need no nutrients for the first stretch. Are your soils very rich with nutrients?

My seedlings saw lots of 90 degree temps in a stuffy closet their first month, I think that’s fine with air flow and humidity. There’s a lot of vegetative growth in jungles and rainforests.

I think the seedlings need patience and those critters are the worry.

W/O delving into personal stuff if you’re a busy exec maybe you could find an intern for your grow, someone to take details off your plate. Unless the process is the goal, in which case failure has to be okay, even though it won’t happen.

What would you consider a bit? This data is from this morning at 0600.

I was keeping it around 60% because of what the Grow Bible said…

I’m going to buy a humidifier today. As my milk house is only 240sqft I should not need a huge one, just one with active controls, or wire it with a humidity sensor.

Seedlings like it humid cuz they pull moisture from the air while they put down roots. I usually have it around 80 when I can. I dont pay too much attention to humidity until drying and curing. Unless my seedlings are going all wonky then I try to boost the humidity up.

It seems a common issue after transplanting seedlings, is over water watering them. What are your watering intervals right now?

Also, it seems like you are watering the entire bucket? Which can lead to overwatering issues when they are this young. I advise to water in small rings around the edges of your leafspan, make the roots search for the water, they arent mature enough for a full soaking yet.

Dont give up. This can all be managed.

It may not be necessary, your range of rh is fine.
With those big buckets, there is a tendency to over-water.
I suggest you get a small cup that fits over your seedlings with about 1" around the sides.
Measure say 1/4 cup of water, put the cup over the plant, and water around the cup.
Give them all the same amount of water at the same time, but not too much.
Those buckets will hold lots more water than they need now.
Excess water will raise your RH, the humidity level is not supercritical.
If the RH is low you will just have to water more often.
Your temp and RH levels are in a good range, you’re fine without buying anything. IMHO

2 Likes

Yeah no need for a humidifier, I often do grows in the 20-30s RH with no problems, 40-60RH is fine.

Too much light, you were using way too much light with that 600 cranked up. For small plants/sprouts no need for more than 25-30% power.

Too much water, see signs of classic over-watering and plants are stunted from that. Having tiny plants in huge pots is certainly not helping. Pick up a pot, probably pretty heavy from all the water. Next step is to let the soil dry up til the pots feel pretty light.

Don’t spray or mist plants, let the soil dry up mostly before you give any more water and then give small amounts as @Flying-High mentioned above.

2 Likes