8/2/21 White Widow & Gold Leaf

Nice ladies. I believe that your lights can go a few inches higher to 30.

Check out the “Photone” app. Costs a few bucks to buy the settings for full spectrum LED, but works pretty well. Its going to be REALLY hard for any of us to give a % / height recommendation since you’re in a slightly unusual environment (no reflections from tent, etc…).

You can measure the actual light across the canopy with that and it’ll be accurate enough without investing hundreds in an Apogee or similar.

1 Like

I think I used it correctly…
These numbers are AFTER I reduced the intensity. (See notes below).

I turned my light to 50% yesterday and today I got quite a bit of canoeing… I just turned it back down… these pics were taken 20 minutes after the lights came back on from a 6 hour nap.
Is 75° - 78° too chilly? 72% humidity.
Last watered with ph’d water on 9/4.

Ladies and gentlemen, temperature makes a big difference. With the seasons changing, my temperature hovered at 68°f. The girls started getting strange. Put a heater in and boosted temp to 78°f and all is green. Knock on wood.

3 Likes

Abby, 38 day old Gold Leaf Feminized in FFHF. Roots growing out of the bottom of the bucket.

3 Likes

9/12/2021 - Mosquito Bits for all today. Ester, Abby, Bonnie ,Sally & Christine did not need water at all. They got some DE on the tip of the dirt.

3 of the big White Widow Auto-flowers, Zoe, Theresa & Norma may need nutes with the water. Some yellowing on 1 or 2 bottom leaves.

If interested, see latest posts in thread below.

2 Likes

update.

Second light supposed to be delivered on Saturday.

Will most likely have to water again on Saturday or Sunday.

My rh is high I think. 65% - 75% opinions? Facts? I don’t want mold or bud rot. I’ll need a dehumidifier.

*****I know I am gonna need to feed some of them this time but I’m not sure which ones. I know that I can’t over water one time. Can I water until I get run-off from all my plants, measure tds, then water again with nutes if they need it? I would do the second water/feed immediately after I get the readings.

3 Likes

Yeah you don’t want humidity that high, specially in last month of flowering. A dehumidifier would be the safe way to go.

Just look for any plants with yellowing leaves (or real light green) on lower growth, that’s nitrogen leaving those leaves to fuel new growth since it’s not getting enough nitrogen from the soil at this point.

Yeah you could

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. I see how much you contribute to helping people on this site. It is a serious tax on your time.

A big thank you to everyone who has helped me.

2 Likes

Aren’t you glad you stuck with it??!

I mean, regardless of serial killing the clones. :rofl:

2 Likes

You know it!

2 Likes

Found this guy wandering outside my milkhouse while watering/feeding.

4 Likes

Got my 2nd light today. Got it hung, but still need to run dedicated power to a ceiling outlet. Maybe get it done tomorrow.

This Is the original hight, about 26 inches above the canopy.

HLG recommends 28" - 36" above canopy for flower and 40" for veg. I set them both at 36" above canopy. We will see. Any opinions and/or recommendations?
Here are the lights at 36".

Second issue is Ester. Ester got watered/fed today.
In the water was full dose of Cal-Mag & FF Big Bloom with 1/2 doses of FF Tiger Bloom & FF Grow Big; as suggested by @Indicanna_Jones . Thank you my friend!
She started changing colors a day or 2 ago. I think the water/fed will help. Any suggestions or opinions?

Again thanks for looking and for the assistance.

4 Likes

I think the issue with Ester is nute burn. Maybe I gotta flush a bit?

1 Like

Yes thats nute burn. How long have they been in that soil?
Your not feeding every watering correct? Weird that just that one plant got burnt and the others are fine.

1 Like

I’m jealous of all that space. Your one lucky dude, except for all the work. Lol

1 Like

This is the first watering with nutes for any of them.

For that specific plant, the run-off ppm was 2020 with a ph of 5.7. Ph was spot on 6.5 when it went in. She was a serious runt for the longest time, maybe that’s why so much nute left?

Should I flush a bit tomorrow?

It is nice to be able to move around.

Still gotta paint it white and finish the wiring.

1 Like

I would flush with water ph of 6.8 and only flush until the tds gets down around 1200. Then just water the following. Then you should be able to feed again once the runoff drops down to around 700 or 800.

With your runoff at 2020 that means there was already enough food in the soil. With what you feed the plant being the same as I feed and mine runs in the neighborhood of 1000 to 1100 so thats not crazy high.

1 Like

Yeah… tbh, I wayer/fed them all because the 6 or 7 I tested all needed it. Tds around 450. I got lazy and took for granted they would all need it as they are all the same age, in the same dirt.

Thanks my friend. Should I flush tonight or will it be OK to do it in the am?

1 Like