7th week veg first time using scroog method?

5 Likes

Why was this plant defoliated ?

2 Likes

I read it was recommended to take the bottom plant leaves off proir to flowering in order to allow the light penetrate through ???

2 Likes

The idea of the scrog is to increase the surface area of the canopy. In doing so you increase the number of top buds. This works best when combined with topping which will help the plant become bushier and fill the screen better. As the screen fills, less light penetrates to the lower leaves. Any lower buds that did form would be airy and are referred to as popcorn buds. By defoliating the leaves below the screen, you’re bringing those lower buds to the top where they can take advantage of the light and grow into nice dense colas… which increases your total yield.

5 Likes

Can you share your setup? Im putting together a list for a indoor setup, and like to see what others are doing.

1 Like

How much wattage do you have on them?

1 Like

300w led 120w cfl 24x60x72

1 Like

Tent size 24x60x72 / 120w cfl with 300w led …6" inline fan reduced to 4" x 12 " black ops carbon filter (420 cfm) 6" clip on fan…humidifer digital’ 4" duct booster fan , fan speed control, ph testers, nutrients, and time…

You need more light. If your tent is 24x60x72 inches, then it’s 2x5x6 feet. Assuming those dimensions are L x W x H, you have 60 cubic feet. We only care about the surface area though, so that would be 10 square feet. You want 32 - 38 watts per square foot. So you want 320 - 380 total watts. That’s the actual draw wattage though, not the equivalent wattage. The actual draw on the 120w cfl is ~28w on average. The actual draw of the 300w LED is ~168w on average. That means you are around 196w (+/- 5%). I would recommend adding another 300w LED and maybe even 2 more of those cfl bulbs before you switch to flower.

1 Like

My tent is 5 square feet and I have a 600w LED with separate veg and bloom switches. When in veg only, its 300w.

I’m about to add the reflective liner to my tent, but here’s my current setup.

4 Likes

@GrowManFitz is right. As healthy as those are, they are stretched. You will get lighter airier buds without a bit more light.

Is that 300W LED a TRUE 300W ? Or a true 150?

Thanks already ordered another LED…for flowering start tomorrow 12 / 12 ???

1 Like