72 hours of darkness?

So anybody do this and believes it works?
I’ve never done it and am pretty sure it is Bro Science at its finest, but am trying it anyway just for giggles.

I’m wonder if I’m just wasting my time. What’s your opinion on this subject?

1 Like

If you take away a plant’s light, you take a way its energy source to grow and maintain trichomes.

7 Likes

I try to chop in the morning before lights come on. I think it’s @Myfriendis410 that’s able to tell dark cycle harvest by taste (don’t know if I’m remembering correctly). Not my unsophisticated pallet

5 Likes

I did a 48hour dark period. It seemed to be ineffective, and I didn’t like the way the humidity spiked during the dark period. I won’t do it again, I’ll just chop at lights on.

10 Likes

That’s really the thing that concerned me about this… it does seem like it’s like inviting the possibility of mold or bud rot

2 Likes

I know guys whos preferrence is to harvest in the heat of the afternoon, but when im ready at the end of light cycle i shut lights down and leave through the night and harvest in afternoon when i get off worktaking them out of dark to cut then put in dark drying tent

2 Likes

Yeah, I turned their light on and will either harvest when I get home from work or first thing in the morning

Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

I have never done it. Somewhere there was a taste test (small group) and they could not tell a difference or maybe it was the flushing two weeks before harvest taste test.

I just grow and harvest, and since I don’t smoke, I let my friends and family judge. No darkness, no flush, no ice cubes, no nails through the stem. Just simple - I am older and don’t have the time or energy to do much more than water,

More power to those that can do all these extra things and I hope it works to get them a bigger and more potent harvest.

4 Likes

Screw extra. I’m not an extra type dude unless I’m preparing food…

The chop is done….weeeeee

7 Likes

I am with several others here, I chop after a normal dark period (12 hours) when my timer kicks the light on.

3 Likes