700ppm too much for seedling?

Any suggestions? I think my sour d is toasting…runoff ppm around 740

You shouldn’t be at 700 until around the second half of veg. What soil is that? And have you added nutes?

1 Like

Just sprouted this seed in ocean forest. My white widows did fine never missed a beat. I’ve only given this sprout 5-10 ml of water until this morning I poured about 6oz just to get a little runoff to check. Any suggestions as to what I can do to save it?

Yeah, ocean forest can be too hot for certain strains. White widow would probably grow in a bottle of fox farms grow big.

4 Likes

The runoff with ocean forest is typically 2000-3000 ppm. If you want a product with low run off you need to grow in coco or something besides soil.

When growing in soil I use ocean forest with an inch or so of seed starter on top and they do fine.

You are probably watering it too much. Should have given the soil a good soaking before planting the seed and left it alone for a week or so.

Not particularly looking for a product with low runoff just trying to figure out why these seedlings are burning up. I did flush this cup before sowing the seed…maybe I should deplete more of the nutrients before starting the seed?

Just start them in a more seed friendly mix. Flushing the cup prior to planting could have kick started the nutrient breakdown in the soil causing too much of it to be available.

3 Likes

Thanks makes sense when you put it that way. I was just trying to use what I got on hand at the moment. Will definitely get something more seed friendly. I have another seed in the promix red bag stuff and its having a hard time growing

1 Like

Usually with ffof u dont need any nutes for first 4 to 5 weeks. Me on the other hand gave mine a quarter dose at second or 3 week. They did yellow a slight bit but came right back

1 Like

At that age- all it needs is in that dirt. Jiffy seed starter discs are made just for that job and every thing the plant needs is in the dirt- and its PH is correct.

1 Like