7 gallon soil autoflowers: how often to water?

just taking a vote for all yall you have grown autoflowers indoor inside 7 gallon clothe pots. how often and much do you water in the bloom stage. 650 watt light led

3 Likes

By the time you are in flowering you should be watering to runoff and then let the soil dry out before you water again.

I use 10-gal pots and water mature plants 3 gallons every 3 days.

4 Likes

I water every other day or so with 1 and 1/2 cup of water per gallon. I soak the plants every week or so (water slowly to runoff).

1 Like

I use about â…“ Gallon water +4 grams of water soluble nutes for my 3 Gallon cloth pot. I wet the whole top w/half then feed thru the bottom

Thanks for the feed back. I have been watering a half gallon a plant every 24 hours.check out the picks…this was taken right after watering session, so a little droopy these are 31 days from seed.

One plant has a little claw action. That’s the picture of the single plant. I think it’s from using veg nutrients a little to long. I’m on bloom nutes now

3 Likes

How are you growing n feeding? Dry organics, liquid salts these things change the way I would water

1 Like

@Kozmoz Looking Awesome. Well done. I don’t think you were over watering those Ladies. If you do use more, then let the pots dry-out completely. I check by Lifting/Tilting my pot. A dry pot weighs like 1-2 lbs

I’m using foop! Totally next level organic nutes

2 Likes

A small plant wouldn’t need ½ gallon a day. You should let the soil get a little dryer, once in awhile

Just a quick glance at the website it’s an organic product that relies on the living microbes in the soil to feed the plants so the worse thing you could do is allow the soil to dry the fungi and bacteria needs to be moist to live and be happy. So watering in smaller amounts and more frequently is best and avoiding runoff because that washes out the little critters. It’s a balance that is hard to get just right but the key is moist not wet or dry

2 Likes

Wow… You decoded my technique! That’s awesome… That’s exactly what I’m doing. Little under a half gallon on each plant under a super strong Mars hydro light seems to get the soil dry. slightly moist and dry in 24 hours! But ya… Super next level microbe action in the soil. I have tree truncks… Foop is awesome

4 Likes

Just a heads up, Some Strains don’t like to be watered everyday

I notice a strain difference quite a bit. I keep a perpetual gg4 run and supplement with different auto. My gg are thirsty girls and get water daily in moderation. Heavy airflow also with rh sitting on 48-50 always sucks moisture. Indoor 4x8. The auto i just letem tell me what they like. This big girl in a 20gal is a lush. She is sweating her behind off and kicks humidity to 65-68 at night sometimes. Well at lights out…grin.16359562251697065393576273745711|375x500

2 Likes

I just took a quick glance at the site and it seems to be good stuff. I grow in living soil using dry amendments but it’s the same thing when it comes to watering. I don’t have to do daily water when they are just babies but once they get going watering daily is a must, there’s a layer of fungi that lives 3/4 of an inch down in the soil that is really important for a good balance in the food web of living soil and it like any other fungi doesn’t do well dry or disturbed. This layer is the whole reason that no till growing is becoming more popular but imo growing in pots no til doesn’t work very well I remix my same used soil before each grow but I do allow it a couple weeks to get the fungi and bacterias happy before planting

1 Like

Really is all about the fungi… Foop is actually new to the market. The owner is amazing… The website number is actually his cell! The product is beyond the best… Nothing like it… And it’s all in one!

2 Likes

I saved the site so I will definitely look at it a little more, I’m always up for learning and trying new things

1 Like

I do soil in 7gal fabric pots as well. I water to runoff roughly every 3 days as that is how long it takes to dry out.

2 Likes

Good feedback… well whats the power on lights? And temp in space?

I water to soak the whole pot… Under half gallon on 7 gallons. 650 watt light and 78 degree tent seen to get it dry

2 Likes

Using a hlg 260lx R spec in a 2x4x6+ runs at 80 to 83 degrees on average. Forgot above I use 3 gals water or neuts per watering

1 Like