6weeks into flowering

My girls are almost to 6 weeks,
I am posting some pics, could use a little help in trying to see when ready to harvest.

Appreciate any advice
Thanks

2 Likes

Its ways to go. Wait couple of weeks.

looking good. i hope i get there!

I would venture to say u have at least 3 weeks left.

Getting close

2 Likes

Once all the pistills start to go brown thats the time to start looking at the trichomes on the buds. Depending on what sort of high you wish to have, cloudy trichomes are at full potency , and will produce more of an uplifting high whereas amber trichomes will produce more of a body stoned couchlock type effect. As others have noted you still have some weeks to go yet. Be patient as the buds can really swell in size in the last few weeks of growth.

3 Likes

Be patient a little longer you are almost there. Like Mountain1 said watch for pistils to turn brown atleast 80-90 percent then watch trichomes for the type of high you want. I just harvested 2 plants with milky white with a little amber and it is great first time I have had smoke that gives a good buzz and still sort of gives you energy to do things

It’s nice to grow herb to your own tastes and expectations.
Definitely better than relying on someone else and dealing with the other stuff that goes with it.
Will be watching them closely, lol
Then dry them and then cure them.
Sooooo, longggg lol

The rewards are worth the wait

1 Like

@dbld55, @anon95385719, @basementstealth

Well needed to harvest the Super Skunk, first plant yielded 35 grams and the secound plant yielded 38 grams.
Now curing the yield.

My Gold leaf did not make it. Humidity dropped way to low and her stalk split down the middle.

3 Likes

Congrats!

Any harvest is a good one. They will get bigger with more knowledge. Have u snuck a try? Smoke report?

1 Like

That looks great I’m on week 3 of cure ( crystal and gold leaf ) both are great and to me there is no better feeling than to go to your own jar when you want a bowl and not have to pay for it or try to buy it somewhere. I know your going to love yours.

2 Likes

Lol, no haven’t snuck a taste in as of yet , lol
Just now curing, although not sure how long that should be.
But will let you know.

I really hope so, I’m so tired of dealing with outside people for my own herb.
3 weeks, what’s the normal length of time to cure?
I thought I read it takes a week?

1 Like

After 2 weeks the aroma became really nice it lost that fresh cut smell

2 Likes

There’s is no set time for a cure. Depends on a lot of variables. The percent of your humidity packs, how often they are burped, how tight your air seal is and other factors. Usually within a week to 10 days your good and it will cure for a bit longer. I put those .99 hygrometers in my jars and when they stabilize at 58% which is what my boveda packs are, it’s cured.

1 Like

@dbld55
when i dried the plants the room was at 30 % humidity.
then put buds in mason jars.
been burping them for 15 min twice a day.
Thanks guys