6stringTs #5grow journal

Trichomes pics from a bud that wants to keep going.
I know, “too many white pistils!” Right?, but only one bud. The rest are 75-90% rusty orange with a few ambers on buds and some sugar leaves covered in amber. Not any clear trichomes to speak of. Since these are high CBD (18%)…ideas? Guess I’m calling it, ice water flush to keep it cool as possible and chop in 3-4 days.

More bud shots from those C+Cs.

Lemme help you with that myth :wink: right around the 4.5 minute mark is where I’d pick it up, save yourself a few minutes.

1 Like

Here is a view of the harvest. Some leaves were 75% amber some buds had @10% amber even though a bud or two still showed lots of white though fading pistils. Now to the easy part. No more watering, pH testing, feed mixing, runoff testing, just monitoring the cure. Like the buckboard bacon in my fridge, nearly ready for the smoker. Yes…

a test bud while tending the smoker. Now that’s a good evening.
Thanks to everyone for help and interest.

3 Likes

congrats on the harvest

1 Like

Picture of my Harlequin 1:2 CBDs

2 Likes

The 2 Cream+Cheese CBD1:1 is in the jars burping daily. They weighed in at 11.2 Oz. total yield. With 2-100w LEDs + 1 (older) 68w CFL during flower. That CFL was about 1/2 effective cause it’s getting weak and some of its light was wasted above the LED panels. But It does nothing sitting in the shelf! So that figures out to @1.3 grams per watt. Not bad I guess. The weed is very smooth and relaxing. I’ll do a TLC test as sook as the Harlequin KK CBD 1:2 is ready so I can do 4 samples on one plate.
The NLights auto that re-vegged yeilded @3oz. of airy bud. It does produce the desired effect, though not the usual NL potency.

1 Like

Oh man. I should do this math one day. I would need to figure out how many watts I’m running tho first. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yea, thanks @Graysin for your interest and encouragement. I’m using 28.4grams (per oz) X 11 oz = 312 g / 240 w = @1.3 grams per watt. I know I could have done better too. The temp was very hard to keep down below 82-85’F all summer and RH was hard to keep up in the high 40s, so I ran hot and dry even with a small humidifier and shop AC running every day. My outdoors Harlequin KKs are not quite flowering yet. They are large and full. When ready I’ll TLC test all 4 strains I planted this year. Thanks again growbro.

1 Like

Beautiful

OK, here are my HKKs out in the garden. They are 6-7 ft tall and the fat one is 6’ in diameter. Buds are stacking, getting stinky and sticky but not visibly sugary. Pistils are starting to turn. Harlequin Kimbo Kush CBD 1:2 supposed to be 6%THC, 12% CBD. I’m guessing 3-4 weeks to harvest. I’m shaking them with a stick after the rain which seems to be every day now.

3 Likes

those are sweet