6 Plant California Organic Outdoor Legal Grow - 5 thirty gallon fabric bags, one 1/2 wine barrel

That’s exactly what I got! 2 bottles lol

You only need one tablespoon per quarter gallon spray bottle and drench the under leaves and branches. You will sacrifice some taste in my opinion but will save harvest from worms and spider mites. Or try the tobacco mix recommended on here. Stuff is strong might need mask and gloves but the plants will bounce back imo

1 Like

@Trav, just a little precision,

Btk work like this ; the bacille do not kill on contact, the caterpillars have to eat it. When it does, the Bacillus will liberate toxic crystals in the digestive system and the caterpillars will stop feeding on your plants after about 3 to 4 hours, and starve to death in any thing between 2 to 5 days, 7 max, and like you correctly mentioned :+1::ok_hand:, it depend on the size of them…

So, if you applied it every where on your plant, with a particular attention on under leaf application, and with the recommand dilution of the brand you use, the Bacillus will stay “dormant” on your plants until eaten :skull::skull::wink: and, take 3 to 4 hours to do it’s thing, and the caterpillars will stop “chewing”, eating ,on your plants… even if they are still alive, they will starve to death…

You can hand pick them and “squeech” them if you cannot wait, :wink:, lol.

Hoping that I clarify a bit the Btk action and help you with your concern…

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

:grin: That’s what I’ve been doing, fortunately not too many in my garden, have other bugs feeding on them too.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be a pita to hand pick them when you have an infestation, lol :wink: :innocent:

By the way, nice job @Big123 , simply WOW!!! :eyes::eyes::eyes::+1::ok_hand:… It’s gone a be a big harvest, big yielding… :grinning::+1::ok_hand::relaxed::innocent:

1 Like

Thanks, here’s a spider :spider: friend, been looking through any way to make sure I don’t see any hermaphroditism…

2 Likes

Gold leaf starting to fatten and crystal up, and good smell too.

Found a few dead worms :bug:- the spiders and wasps doing good work.

Cooler weather today, ladies loving it.

11 Likes

Nice watch dog you have there sir @Big123
Looking good

2 Likes

Thank you, she’s great dog!

Fattening up. Some Jamaican 0-10-0 Bat :bat: Guano arrived today, going to feed the ladies with it, might be last nutrient boost along with more K, I do. Starting to finally see some darkeming hairs. New moon coming 9/20, suppose to be good time to harvest, will see if any ready by then.

Interesting to read how moon cycles affect plants.

16 Likes

That’s an awesome garden you got there @Big123 very well done :+1:.

1 Like

Man you guys all have these amazing looking huge colas and I’m over like, “Aww look at my cute little 1” buds…"

4 Likes

How is the bug problem going?

1 Like

luckily, not bad, have a few damaged buds, killed a worm this morning while inspecting and drinking a cup of morning coffee, killed one yesterday too.

Finding dead ones, lots of helpful insects too, some hummingbirds too.

1 Like

I spent some time this morning conducting a thorough visual inspection of the ladies, used a flashlight for part of it - a plant gynecological exam. Found several worms :bug: in OG Kush and couple in Chronic Widow plants. Also found hatch of what looks like beneficial bugs, will see what they do…

9 Likes

I found one the other day on my GL and bought the bacterial insecticide. Kind of a just in case.

I’ve decided to not spray anything, don’t want risk messing up the taste…

It’s only 5 plants, so I’m going to keep watching the best I can, doing any needed exterminating personally…

My wife told me to get rid of those bugs, beetle colony relocated…to another life, another plane of existence.

1 Like

I like the way you’re wife thinks.

1 Like

I went with this product because it’s a bacteria the bugs consume and die several days later. Odorless and tasteless and harmless to humans.

2 Likes