6-2 growth cycle, worked surprisingly well

@peachfuzz if you were growing only Autos would you still flip to 12/12 or continue the 6/2?

I don’t grow auto’s… so I’m not sure…
I know @Hogmaster and @Screwauger grow auto’s, they might be more help :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks… I was just curious about the 6/2 cycle

I have strong lights and my plants would look tired and not happy at the end of the 18 hours of light . I switched mid veg about a month in and they adjusted great and now always have that perky healthy look , no more curling leaves or droopy leaves from intense light and heat . This also helps keep the heat down . I think it would work great any time in veg seed to flower than go 12-12 when your ready.

Good luck

3 Likes

Keep it 6-2 for autos , this technique is especially good for autos. Any stress on auto’s can slow growth and effect yield. 6-2 is all about stress free growing for better growth .

9 Likes

Just started a couple autos only two days old I’m going to give this method a try.

7 Likes

Please let me know how they do think I will try this next time I’m already in flower so don’t want to mess with things now!!

1 Like

@Bubblehead Let me know how it go’s with the 6-2 . I would like to hear about how it worked for someone else. It’s almost like doing a study . I want to keep learning tricks and honing my skill.

I have been running the gas lantern…
Veg
6am-6pm lights on
6pm-12am lights off
12am-12:20am lights on
12:20am-6am lights off

Flower
6am-6pm lights on
6pm-12am lights off

Basically you only use 12 hours of light per day the entire grow with the exception being during veg you use 12hr and 20 min of light per day

2 Likes

Difference in 6-2 and the gas lantern is basically energy consumption.

18 hours of light is still being used to keep the plant in veg on the 6-2 method, so it uses more energy than the gas lantern which only uses 12.5 hours of light consumption to keep the plant in veg.

That is the big difference I see. 6-2 might experience faster growth in veg due to the plant making more sugars from the extra light period

5 Likes

What are the gentleman’s and lady’s thoughts on 24 on during veg?

Most popular opinion is cannabis needs dark cycle to be healthy. My research has found that a dark cycle should not be necessary, but with a photo it’s an absolute requirement for flowering. Some grow autos under 24/0 from seed to harvest, but I doubt the cost of electricity justifies additional growth or yield from no dark time

I understand cannabis has a maximum amount of light it can process during any particular light period, because of diminishing returns I think it makes sense to have a dark cycle during veg

3 Likes

I used to run 24 hours a day but I changed my out look a little. I am trying to mimic nature with the color of my lights and the temp and humidity of my grow room . In nature there’s a dark period so I also give my plants a dark period . I don’t know the science behind why but I’m sure that my plants Benifit from dark periods so there’s got to be a reason to have it . I just copy nature .

4 Likes

Plants are two weeks old today. Well, I should say plant is two weeks old today. Then NLA did not make it. :frowning: Oh, well I still have my BBA that will get all my lovin now. Started 6/2 tonight, lights on right now until 1 am then dark for 2 hours etc. Transplanting tomorrow plant has lots of roots (some out the bottom) and is reaching side of the cup now. If it were a photoperiod I would let it go a few more days.

I’m about to germinate some seeds but il be using t5 fluorescents this time around, do you think they would still benefit the 6/2 system?

#Amjk I dont see why it would be any different, 6-2 should work with any lighting .

1 Like

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Iv had a thought what about 5 on 1 off 4 times in a 24 hr period?

I think that’s still good it’s the same concept , it gives your plants a chance to break down the light they stored and make energy and sugars to grow than there ready for more light . I don’t know if an hour is a long enough rest , it’s 6-2 for a reason , it’s an optimal light dark ratio you can change it and it may work but I personally know 6-2 worked great in my experience .

2 Likes

Have you any other references for this 6/2 I can read, or any other threads please?

1 Like