58th flowering day of mystery strain. How close to harvest?

Hey everyone. This is my first grow ever. I found a seed in dispensary weed, and things escalated from there in terms of learning about growing. I think it could be Pinesoul, Pink Sunrise, or Animal Mintz based on the orders of the time. The plant is 6 months old, and has gone through a lot of hard times where she nearly died, but eventually filled out my 2 x 2.5ft tent with the help of a trellis.

Currently, I’m on day 58 of flowering. I’m going for the general “cloudy with some amber” level of ripeness. Seeing mostly cloudy trichomes and a few amber ones here and there, but I’m not entirely sure what to look for.

Any input on how much longer this has to go for that level of ripeness would be appreciated.

4 Likes

looking good maybe another 2-3 weeks. Still some white pistils.

2 Likes

Damn. Thought I’d be more like a week away.

1 Like

Just keep checking the tricomes on the buds.

2 Likes

I’m thinking they’re looking pretty close, like a week or so, but the trichomes will dictate how long. It may be a couple, but it looks like it’s maturing pretty quick. I’m in the same boat. Got one that’s being stubborn with the amber trichs.

4 Likes

Buds are looking nice and frosty. Are you flushing before harvest?

I use living soil, and all organic. No need to flush. I’m no longer going to use chemical nutrients for my grows. Organics is cheaper, easier, and you get a better tasting and smelling end product.

2 Likes

Definitely looking to get into growing with living soil too once I go through my current synthetic nutrient supply.

You’ll be glad. I chased the snake oils for years. I use the fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3, happy frog, perlite, and worm castings. I also hear great things about earth dust. I may try it sometime.

1 Like

Nice looking plants, dude. Damn. :flushed:

1 Like

@Dexterado what is earth dust?

2 Likes

Already have Gaia Green general purpose, bloom and worm castings on hand, but need to figure out my soil situation.

2 Likes

I have a question. When the amber trichomes first appear, how long does it take for them to become say 20% amber? Do they increase the rate at which they appear?
If anyone has info I would be grateful.

1 Like

Definitely would like to know that too.