55 days into first grow

I’m dropping this here more to save it. I’ll never turn down feedback. Rushed into this grow after borrowing equipment. Ididn’t actually prepare the space up front and think I’m paying the price. Live and learn. Grow 2 will have way more prep… and probably a small tent… and probably a better light… and probably humidity control… and probably PH testing… and… and…

I do apologize for posting a grow journal 50 plus days in. I’ll be sparing with the purple pictures!

Uploading: PXL_20201214_181204862.jpg… Uploading: PXL_20201218_183503662.jpg… Uploading: PXL_20201221_120919867.jpg… Uploading: PXL_20201226_130520924.jpg…

Uploading: PXL_20201226_130520924.jpg…

1 Like

Uploading: PXL_20210114_222503629.jpg… Uploading: PXL_20210114_222503629.jpg(1)…

3 Likes

Plants are looking good. When they are seedlings put the clear solo cup inside a red solo cup so the roots will be in the dark. tip from @Hellraiser I saw. They don’t like light on their roots

2 Likes

Now come the on no pictures. Just this week I’ve started seeing unhappy leaves. Guessing poor PH? Happy frog soil and distilled water for the first maybe 6 weeks, no nutrients till about 2 weeks ago. The yellow hit a couple leaves and ran… so I increased air flow at soil, seems to have slowed. I’m off to a hydro store today for a PH meter and some water treatment.

!

1 Like

I do hydro but if my head is correct most say around 6 weeks they show signs of needing nutes. P.H. is a biggie no matter what kind of a grow you have going on. Distilled is usually around 7, I’ll tag a few that mibht be more helpful than I am. @imSICKkid, @Hellraiser, @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Looks like a normal loss of N in lower fan leaves.

Using distilled water I’d recommend adding cal mag to your water.

2 Likes

I will pick some up tomorrow. Thanks for the advice! The wife hopped excitedly into a nice small grow tent kit, we ordered it today. Extremely excited for round 2.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

1 Like

I’m trying too, but most of the time I’m second guessing myself (still new too) and I don’t want to screw up someones grow cuz of incompitence. If you ever see me say the wrong things on here (or anyone says the wrong thing) please speak up. I’ll put on my big boy pants & get back in the sand box, you won’t offend me. This growing thing is the only addictive thing about pot that I can see.

3 Likes

So. Damn. True.

1 Like

One plant has pistils changing… one does not. Got at least one fattening up a little.

2 Likes

Won’t be too long now & then the cure begins! Maybe 3 weeks er so seems like its always different with each plant. Definetly do the cure, well worth the wait.

I’m very excited about the whole thing. It’s a little harvest. I don’t even has a guess as to what they’ll gift me. I’d rather be learning things the way I have on 2 little ladies. I imagine the next round will be way better.

2 Likes

Little plant still not super happy after calmag feeding. Yellow leaves still climbing, not as concerned with the other girl as she’s already trying to get chubby with oranging pistils. I want the little girl to stay healthy long enough to reach that point!!

Full disclosure, I do not water to runoff and do not have the meters to measure what’s coming out of my soil yet!

1 Like

Runoff looks like ok ph? But plant is making me panic a little… any advice anyone?

1 Like

Their new home came and I’m super excited.

So the girls are loaded in. Humidity was crazy high at first 80% now back down to 30 and sitting around 72 degrees. They both look exhausted and feel soft. No idea why they aren’t happy. Thoughts anyone?