50/50 soil perlite mix - Idea

Idea:

If one went with a 50/50 mix of perlite and soil, would the additional oxygenation be beneficial? I’m just thinking that by breathing better, and watering more lightly but more frequently, one could get closer to a hydroponic result through soil without the expense of the hydroponic system.

Just a thought.

I think, unless you’re setup with an auto watering system, the amount of watering you’d need would out-weigh any benefits.

In an ebb&flow flood table system, maybe.

I believe people are doing air injections in soil with water on youtube.

You don’t need to buy anything more than a fish bubbler and a pot with no holes
In this video you can an idea.

3 Likes

That’s pretty damn slick. I’m going to look into that. Thanks.

you do that thru whole grow ?

I am no lonfee a soil grower, so I have not looked into it too much. Perhaps one of the other guys in here can shed some light on the issue

1 Like

Never tried this myself, but my buddy who uses soil tried it and loves it. Adds a bit of hydro style to your soil grow. Definitely helps plants grow faster, from my buddy has explained.
It’s super simple, once you grasp the concept anyone can do it. You don’t need to buy anything from that company, do it yourself!

1 Like

Soil works well and the soil acts like a “buffer” and help with nutrient issues

Have you considered growing in Coco coir? Seems the closest to hydro to me, without going all into hydro.

@Blountville,

Technically if not mixed with soil, it is hydro.

1 Like

I have all different plants and trees growing in a 50/50 mix of perlite and vermiculite and every bit of them are happy. Some I water once a week, some 2 - 3 times a week and the trees even less.

1 Like

I’m growing in a 50/50 mix of Perlite and Pro Mix.

I’m a new grower, but seems to be working so far. Can’t really compare to Hydro systems like DWC yet…

2 Likes