5 pound yield, 4 times a year, advice?

Exactly and I’d rather grow fewer plants bigger its a lot of work doing 8 never mind 30 - 50 plus legalities and all…I’m just stating what I do and what’s working for me @dbrn32

4 Likes

I started my new grow in 18x16 feet greenhouse…
10 plants in 65 gallon smart pots , planning harvest in 4 months and hoping for 5lb of high quality top shelf…
Thats pretty hefty goal…
Good luck on your project !!

4 Likes

@WillyJ
I hear you brother, but I grow very low maintenance…:wink::wink::wink::wink:

That should be a nice grow 10 in 65 gal you should surpass your goal…I grow 8 I’ve switched to 7 gal pots from 5… @Ragnar

1 Like

Next time go to 10 gal you got the room…
Looks great :wink:

1 Like

The idea ladies and gent was however many plants I need to meet my goal, 50 max I’d imagine thinking of making an indoor raised flower bed basically, planting 5 rows of 10 or something similar and hoping to get an oz each plant, I mean 12 12 from seed should get an ounce off a high yielding strain, so if I do 4 months per harvest, and have clones and vegging plants ready to move to their next stage… should be a piece of piss. Hoping I can set up for under 2500usd but I’m ready to invest in my medications future.

2 Likes

Also o finally ditched the smart pots and emptied them out (well 6 of um) just left them in bin bags with the stalk I cut lol
Anyway, roots in those smart pots… didn’t go to the bottom, 4 inch from the edges? No roots… So I’m thinking fabric pots or just a 2 ft deep raised bed

I’m not 100% sure on this, but going 12/12 from seed may actually take as long or longer to harvest. I haven’t researched extensively or tried it, but I believe the reasoning is that it takes the plants longer to mature enough to develop flowers under 12/12.

It may be a little different from clone, as clones are technically same age as their mother. I’d research it a little anyway. If you’re not going to gain time, I would assume it would make more sense to just veg them for a few weeks and hopefully get a little more from each plant.

2 Likes

Peice of piss!!! Tony beets

1 Like

I agree with @dbrn32 don’t think you’ll get what your looking for from 12/12 from seed veg a little longer on your first grow let them get big enough to give you something and while there vegging stagger start your next 2 grows then your first grow has a sufficient veg time and your second has a little longer and so on…that way you get plants vegging a whole flower cycle plus some…plenty of time to grow fewer plants for bigger yields…less plants less work more plants well you get it right? @McLovin777

4 Likes

I definitely agree that the yield will be less, but that wasn’t the possible problem I was trying to bring to light. It’s my understanding that a cannabis plant won’t produce flowers for 3 or so weeks minimum, regardless of light schedule. And running them under 12/12 from seed actually takes longer for the plants to mature and be able to produce flowers, than it would running something like 18/6.

I can’t say that from experience though, just what I read. I was following a journal on riu that was 12/12 from seed, and it took something like 108 days to finish a 9-10 week flowering strain. I thought it sounded a little odd, so I searched it a little. The explanation above is what I came up with.

I’m definitely more of a short veg quick harvest type; so I see how it would appear to be faster. But everywhere I looked I found the same conclusions. Less yield and longer overall grow time just didn’t seem like a viable thing to even bother testing it out for myself.

3 Likes

In a nutshell that 12/12 from seed will not produce fast enough and wouldn’t be his best approach to reach his goal…by the time they’re mature enough to flower they wouldn’t be big enough to yield enough I would think? He’d have to grow an awful lot of plants…I figure if it takes at least 8 weeks to flower why not take advantage of that time by staggering multiple grows in different stages of veg in that time…if managed well you will always have nice big plants to go in flower … if you keep them in smaller pots until next ones go into flower then put them in the big pots then they get at least 8 weeks veg in the big pots…they really take off… so many techniques but I wouldn’t think 12/12 would be one of the for this… I get rambling sorry…maybe I shouldn’thave smoked the whole thing lol @dbrn32

2 Likes

Less plants is always less risk, I just want to meet the quota in time, thinking 10 in hydro, 10 in soil veg and then 20 smaller vegging, so always have 20 in flower… this is all just ideas and speculating (3 weeks veg) whatever really, just need to get more in less time. Very open to suggestions. Ideally don’t want to use 1kw bulbs I’d rather 600ws

20 plants 3 weeks veg thats barely 2 pounds if you really good…
To get 5 pounds of decent bud, you either go big ( longer veg) or you do numbers ( 80-100 plants and harvest just top colas)
Just looking at it from practical view…

3 Likes

Actually you can start from 12/12 according to some sources online and will get a much smaller yield that finishes in 7-9 weeks from seed. I wish I had the room. I would try 5 plants that way. If it worked I would have 2 rooms @ 12/12 @McLovin777 . Still like @WillyJ method better.

1 Like

I like your idea better. I need serious medicine for terrible lower back problems. 1oz yield per plant won’t cut it.

1 Like

Can you tell me where you found that? Everything I’ve seen says otherwise. Even the fastest flowering strains are about 8 weeks, and it requires about 3 weeks for most to be able to flower under like an 18/6-24/0 light schedule.

Like I posted earlier, I’ve never tried, but watched grow journals. All of which were 100+ days.

1 Like

Just search - starting marijuana plants from 12/12 light schedule. There are a few sites that say it works but very low yield per plant. Some of them would not be right to mention in this forum. I looked into it before coming to ILGM

I did lol, and found contrary information. There are a few journals, and a long thread on Riu. Between there and a few random informational sites, that’s pretty much where I got the information I stated.

I’d like it to work, otherwise I wouldn’t have been looking. But I haven’t found anything to suggest anything other than what I stated. Especially the couple of people that had the journals. Growing from clone would likely be a different story, because they’re already technically mature plants. But even the guys doing that report a little bit of transitional time on top of the flowering time. For someone to claim something like 7 weeks almost seems absurd. I’m sure a few exist, but I’m not even aware of a strain that will flower that fast, let alone sprout, grow, transition, and actually be ready to harvest that fast. Not to say that’s on you, more of the source. That’s why I was asking. Unless of course whoever is posting that info harvested their plants a few to several weeks early, or is maybe just spreading random bs on forums.

Again, please don’t take my questions or statements as criticism. There’s nothing I would like more than to see it’s doable, regardless of harvest size.

1 Like

@dbrn32, @OldSkunk- - - that just doesn’t sound like much FUN, ya know? I like a bigger plant: they’re just vicerally more enjoyable to rear and see to their full majesty haha! Yes I’m high! :blush:

6 Likes