5 gallon bucket bulkhead

So I’m trying to set up a bucket with tubing to use to water my plants that will be gravity powered. Hope that makes sense. I’m looking for a bulkhead to install in the bucket and I’ll throw a valve on it with some tubing. Does anyone know where I can get those kind of parts? The one I bought on amazon has terrible thread connections. The part I’m struggling with most is the bulkhead for the bucket

1 Like

I use one of these works like a champ

1 Like

A tractor or farm supply, rural king etc.

1 Like

Those bulkheads work better on a square container like a trash can or plastic tote. Curved sides of a traditional round bucket make the connection difficult especially towards the very bottom.
I like to use large laundry detergent containers.
Walmart has these…

5 Likes

This is what i used when i made my own hydro DWC buckets with a sightglass to view water levels. But im gonna have to agree with @Spiney_norman it would of been way easier with a square bucket and a tighter connection but still was watertight at the end of the day

1 Like

https://pahydroponics.com/ this company has what you need

2 Likes

only when I water with clean mixed water. Clumpy chunks plug quickly and batteries labor after 10 gal, but usable in confined spaces, nicely.

1 Like

If ya use a bulkhead in a 5 gal bucket put in the flat bottomwhich means ya have to hang the bucket or put on a syand that will accomodate the bottom. Easier to just drop a small pump in the bucket w a timer

2 Likes

Check a home brew store (beer making supplies); look at the bulkheads for a brew kettle and look at a bottling bucket. Good luck.

3 Likes

That makes sense! Thanks for the tip

1 Like