4x8 two 550 or three 300's

I basically grow for my wife and myself. She has brought the idea of going from a 2x4 to a 4x8, and she really wants me to start a 4x8. My biggest thought that comes to mind is the lighting. I know that both the hlg 550 and hlg 300’s are pricey, but which would be better for this size grow room.

Are you talking about the 320s? If it were me I would go with 4 260XLs.

6 Likes

If your covering that type of space build your own your going to spend a fortune on lights but yeah ide go with more panels then less because it provides the ability to adjust

2 Likes

How much do you consume because you can estimate 8-16oz every 4 months out of a single 4’x4’ tent. I’m being conservative. I think you can count on 8 ounces, barring a catastrophic event like power outage or crop loss.

Many people end up growing an excess, and in some cases that can be more expensive than simply buying what you need.

If you do go the 4’x8’ route, I agree with @MidwestGuy

2 Likes

Yes I meant the 320’s thank you for the fix, no pun intended. And with going the 260xl I can adjust the field as needed. Also, I can buy two and add the other 2 to expand to a full tent. Thank you @MidwestGuy @Nicky @KeystoneCops

6 Likes

That’s what I would say.

2 Likes

How much do you want to spend? I have spent thousands and i have somany kinds its dumb.
I have
t5
T5 led
HPS in 400watt 600 watt and 1000 watt.
Mh in 400 watt,600,1000.
Quantum boards x14
Led modules x2
CMH
Drivers in 400 600 and 1000 digital dimmable. X7
I build lights also.

3 Likes

This next run i will running my own custom built full spec light build.

Then this lights is going to be enhanced with 4 more lights. In the corners.

I had to find these lenses and gaskets so i can waterproof the enhanced lights.

8 Likes

Nice setup. My biggest problem with getting parts and pieces is me messing it up and get the shock of my life. I have worked in electronics and fixed them but also got shocked. I think I will stick with my woodworking. I plan on building some scrog screens that are bendable for my tents that don’t have to be removed during veg.

1 Like

Make sure you build a scrog per plant.
It’s ideal to be able to move the plant with its SCOG not attached to other plants or the walls of the tent Incase you need to move the plant, one gets sick, to work on etc

2 Likes

Yes, mine are all doing thru 1 net and it is a struggle at those times for sure

1 Like

I didn’t look at it that way @Nicky but thank you. In this case bigger may not be better :slight_smile:

Boy! Dont you have a fancy soldering setup? Pretty slick…

Lol thanks i used to solder removal and PC board rebuilds. This i known as an smd station. It can heat up circuit boards to operation of solder removal temps. And it can heatshrink at the same time. Had it for many years works fantastic.

2 Likes

Id love that iron for doing ham radio/antennae builds!

I have a heavy duty high heat one i use for heavy gauge wire also.

1 Like

@Nicky @Cannabian Just got my first two HLG 260XL’s in and built the first one. I switched it out for a KIND LED that came with the first tent my wife bought, a 2x4. It’s a lot different than the burple that was in there. It should only help and not hurt, correct?

2 Likes

Yep! In a big way!

1 Like

I have 2 of those, ones high output and the other is pretty high, definitely hotter than a pencil soldering gun.

1 Like

The only thing it’s going to hurt is your eyes, be sure to wear polarizated lenses when looking inside your tent now.
The light intensity from those things could damage your eyes, no uv or IR in those but yeah the intensity.

I’m sure you can tell how much better they are already

2 Likes