4x4 tent venting and air circulation HELP Please

That’s best way to go in my opinion.

2 Likes

All I know is I grow outdoors in Texas where temps can reach extremes. It’s the resins and trichomes that help protect them from the scorching sun. I’m not an indoor grower but I wouldn’t be worried about 80 degrees. Just my humble opinion. I would certainly take more light and deal rather than less light to drop temps.

1 Like

I’m on the edge of what they call The Valley. The real feel temps with RH added in ww was hitting passed 126 degrees F in July.

I grow indoors since we live in a small town. If I was on some nice acre of land and no noisy neighbors I’d grow outdoors.

1 Like

I know what you mean. There were days this summer when they looked like they wanted to die. One actually did. The benefit of indoors is huge to be able to control these things. At the same time, there is no replacement for good old sunlight. I’m lucky enough to have a fool proof spot. Good luck man!

@h2oj28 Oh I have a buddy with access to a lot of land. He runs several different farms in my area.

I gave him a handful of seeds so he could grow some good strains. He had 12 plants and only 2 made it to harvest. Between the excess rain some plants floated off and the rest by animals like deer and wild hogs.

Sad part is he doesn’t know what they 2 that made it are. Other than he said they came out good.

1 Like

Trust me I know. I’d usually lose 3 out of 4 unless you’re really on it. But the ones that pull through are strong. The absolute worst problem I had was fkn grasshoppers. They can devastate a plant in no time. Evil bastards lol. Here’s a cool pic of a praying mantis taking care of one. He looks right at the camera too. Haa

2 Likes

Nice photo there…hard to catch that in action. :+1:

A few peoples points here really stand out. Control the room before the tent (think old Chinese palaces. They had a square of walls within a square of walls over and over because if you control the outer areas it becomes easier to control the inner area), moving all heat producing components you can outside the tent (it goes back to room control. It seems backward but you can control a larger area easier because it takes more to influence conditions so once you get it dialed in it won’t fluctuate much) and vpd. Especially vpd because that’s important in all stages. I move lights in and out for temp purposes when it’s cold because I don’t have the badass lights you guys yet. Got boards and driver but no hardware or framing yet lol.