4x4 tent venting and air circulation HELP Please

Ok so i was wondering if someone could help me out with a question i have. 4x4 tent setup with 4 qb 288 rspec lights with 480 driver and a ac ifinity t6 to exhaust. I am having trouble keeping my temp below 80 with my lights. I have about 100 dollars i can spend to get something to help with the airflow as i inly have one fan other then the exhaust pointing at my light boards.

Was wondering if i would be better going with a 40 inch oscillating tower fan inside and a fan in my vent hole for fresh air coming in and lowering temps or buy another ifinity and get the t4 to bring in fresh air

1 Like

I have a 4x4 tent and had heating issues. So I bought a cheap window ac unit and it sits on a bucket. Our AC doesn’t have good air flow on this side of the house.

I only run the Window AC for 1 hour a few times over night when the lights are on. No more hearing issue for me.

2 Likes

Welcome you can try running your lights of the nighttime when it’s cooler . And lights off of the day when it’s hotter. If not already. I use 1 exhaust fan to pull the hot stale Air out also with pass through hole open at the bottom is pulling fresh cool air in. 6 inch exhaust fan 4x4 tent . Hope that helps. Also good to keep oscillating fan running inside tent.

3 Likes

Things you might try.
1 Keep your input and exhaust fans outside the tent by running duct in and out. I use two duct fans. One for air in via a lower duct hole and one to pull air out at the top of the tent.
2 You can move the power transformers from the top of your lights to the outside of your tent and run wiring in from the outside.
This should get you there.

3 Likes

4, 288’s?!?!??!?! Over kill much? I have two 260’s in my 4x4 and it grows monsters. Someone posted a while back by turning down your hug’s 15% it makes a significant drop in temps without sacrificing too much on the light side. I had to do it in the summer and it worked out great.
4 288’s??? I gotta see a photo of what the sun looks like in there lol

1 Like

Psssssst, the qb 260 kits are 2 288 boards each, with a driver. So essentially 4 288’s are 2 260 kits…

I thought that those were 288 I watt leds?

The boards are called 288’s. 2 of them together with driver are the “260”.

Yeah, it’s confusing.

2 Likes

Ideally you would run your canopy temps in low 80’s during lights on.

Do you have passive intake open?
Where are measuring temps?
Do you not have circulating fan in tent already?

2 Likes

Passive intake is open temps are going up to 80-82 with lights on 70 pcnt but leaves on plant are curling up looking like heat stress and boards are 20 inches above plants. I have a vivo sun tent clip fan oscilating on light boards. Plan on ordering either oscillating tower fan which i think a good one will do the trick or a 4in t4 to put going in bottom

Just a different layout then the 260 kit and 1 driver for 4 boards that i run outside of tent instead of 2 drivers for the 2 260 kits

2 Likes

I did have heats right around 78 but weather around here is so drastic atm slight raise in house and it jumped up to 80-82 range within 12 hours

If you’re leaves are rolling like taco shell that is probably more because your rh is out of range for temp. If your vpd is in order you should get best transpiration with canopy temps between 80-85f.

Raise your lights about 10" and see if it improves.

3 Likes

My plants live most of their life at 80-85 @dbrn32 has a great point.

2 Likes

@ThatoneAKguy During the day my temp in the tent ranges from 74 to 78 during the day. Since it’s starting to get a little chilly here during the day.

I run my lights at night and the temp usually doesn’t run more than 85.

1 Like

That makes sense as when i was running my exhaust fan without my humidifier first couple days heats got into higher 80s and rh was down into the low 30s to high 20s so that may be the issue. I raise lights about 5 inches last night we will see how that plays out. I thought heats wernt supposed to go over 80. Well 77 optimal just thinking if i cant keep it down during winter ill deffinatley be fighting it during summer…

1 Like

Are you trying to control just the environment in the tent or in the room the tent is in? I ask cause I’ve tried both and really only success I have had is controlling the room the tent is in.

3 Likes

The tent but im starting to think it starts with the room keeping steady

Yep for sure! Are you venting the exhaust out of the room?

1 Like

Not currently but it is being vented to other side of room( bigger sized room 12×17 roughly ) and blowing twards door. I am about to drill a vent hole in my attic door which is right beside my tent to exhast into and up stairs. Just trying to figure out best way other then ordering the 15$ circular 6" drill bit to make hole.

1 Like