4x4 tent setup and LIGHTS for granddaddy purple autoflower

I’m firmly in the Gorilla tent and HLG camp. AC Infinity exhaust fans are good and I will get some of there 6" circ fans at some point. I way over light so I can stay out of the dimmers with dual 260’s in the 3x3 and dual 350r’s in the 2x4. I’m going to reconfigure the 260’s to a end to end setup and move them to the 2x4 and move the 350r’s to the 3x3. I choose Gorilla tents because they offer height extensions. So my tents are 7’ 11" tall with the 1’ extensions. I’m 1" short of being able to use the 2’ extensions. I want my tents tall so I can grow tree if I want.

2 Likes

What are you reloading?

1 Like

Staring at this image is like watching people at walmart. Lots to see. Nice room.

1 Like

I like the AC Infinity tents and inline fans. I don’t think there’s a better fan. The gorilla tents are as good as the Infinity tents but I think the Infinity tents are a better bang for the buck. The Mars Hydro FCE 4800 is a great light for a 4x4. HLG’s are great lights if they’re in your budget range.

1 Like

I would like to join this thread. I have a collection of “OLD” LED lights acquired over the last 8 years.
Havent been able to grow until this year. New China Cheapies advertising 1000 for 100 watts was a discussionand introduction for sure. LSS My Watt meter says 1000 watts for the collection (Vipar Spectra R900, Vipar Spectra R600, ViVosun 2000, and two 90 watt lamps). That brought up PPFD/DLI learning opportunities/readings. Tonight I will empty the flower tent clean and move light configuration. Then using the android app I will map the PPFD/DLI for four squares in my tent. Ladies should finish bathing and watering and return to tent. Yes I believe the Scop Diablo would save me some trouble, but budget is blown until Christmas. I have learned Never enough lights and Ok to turn down the intensity.
Yes in 1973 I tried to grow in a closet with a grow bulb (blue) 60 watts. Heat, electricity (doubled this past year) and distance for lighting are the factors to be decided in value. HLG is worth the premium, I trust. I am sold and support AC-I products.

1 Like

Look into Green Beams lighting brother. @Graysin and @Fiz love them and they’re a fraction of hlg lights. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Whatever I want when I want it and everything in between.

Interesting analogy seeing I haven’t bought anything from a china mart since the day Obummer was elected and that last purchase was a Colt M4/LE Magpul edition rifle.

1 Like

Your last purchase from wallyworld was a gun? Nice.

DeepDiverDave, so what lights are you using?

LED lights purchased 2014-2018 and 2021 (China Cheapies).
Tent is 48x48x6.5
All previous mapping showed 750/40 or above for Max readings.
Not pictured is the remaining cluster of 3 lights, 3 fans, temp guages, and hangars.

Vipar Spectra R900, Vipar Spectra R600, ChinaCheap 2000 (less than 200 watts), two LED 50s,
Metered Amperage at wall 1093 WAtts for flower tent.
Additional metered at usage 300 watts Veg tent (Vipar Spectra 300 {2014} and China Cheapies).
Last night it took two hours to complete Flower tent emptied and alchol washed, ladies given baths/feedings (6.0/1000PPM), PPFD mapping (4-quad).
DiD NOT MOVE LIGHTS (upon opening ladies looked better than EVER, so no change.
Completed PPFD/DLI map (needs be done again 7-18-22) and re-deploy ladies into tent.
Terminal Trim accomplished on one lady, (one cut took 6 in clump branch, did not fit into tent).
FOUND SEEDS ON CLUMP BRANCH. DLI MAPPING
0RDER
Full MAP completed , maybe.

Suspicious results obtained due to height device utilized (blocking light arrival and cheap software).
maybe the $2.00 subscription will unlock better software.
I will do better next time. Just an exercise for learning.
Surprisingly, too late I and learned the ladies have been having sex.
Chopped branch has seed pods (squeeze popped and verified).
Those hermis were removed 4 weeks ago. What an experience.