4x4 grow light upgrade suggestions?

I have 2 Of these lights currently in my 4x4 grow tent.

I would like to upgrade to one light that will cover my whole tent and have sufficient wattage. Anyone have any recommendations?

1 Like

What’s your expected plant count and budget? HLG makes excellent lights but not the least expensive :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

You need the Resident Light Expert …. @dbrn32

Paging you Sir!!

Lighting Pro to aisle 1 please lol!!

2 Likes

I’m sure everyone knows which light I’ll be recommending :rofl:

4 Likes

I on the other hand don’t recommend at all - I’ll just say I have HLGs in both of my tents, a 350R in the small and a Scorpion Diablo in the 4x4 and I don’t think I could do better with anything else.
But not a recommendation, just what I use and have excellent results with.
Take it as you may.

4 Likes

@Tylersays said it perfectly. I also use HLG light and have zero complaints. My big question to you
1 how much $ you have or willing to spend
2 I have a 4x4 and with 4 plants it gets tight on space , so how many plants are you planning to grow ?

2 Likes

Same here.

If I don’t say “HLG → Green Beams → KingBrite” you can fine me $50. :joy:

3 Likes

I plan on 4 plants and as far as cost I’m not too concerned if it really makes a difference with my yield. I’ll look up hlg now since it’s most mentioned. Thanks guys

They should be giving ILGM a referral bonus. :joy:

2 Likes

Damn those are around 800 I thought 500 would get you top of the line lol

Eeeeh no.

Check out Green Beams though. They’re a decent HLG alternative. Green-beams(dot)com.

I’d probably try to get 2 480watt lights in a 4x4 but I also like to have too much instead of not enough.

@Fiz uses GB lights too. I’m running a 240w for one-and-a-half ish plants myself.

My gal under the light.

PS - she’s got a small figure because she actually spent most of the time in a solo cup. She got transplanted way late because I didn’t wanna keep watering her. :joy:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely check those out

2 Likes

Try the Solar Extreme 500. They’re $449. The HLG 300L Rspec is only $399. Use save5 to get even cheaper

1 Like

HLG refurb 600rspec shipped to your door using discount code “grow”.

3 Likes

I would definitely take a look at the lights @Graysin mentioned as well. Proof is in the pudding. Just look at grows lol.

5 Likes

Thanks guys

that’s cheap. Is it direct thru HLG?

Yep. It really is a good deal.

“Dude” was a valid HLG discount code just a few days ago. I ran 2 260XL Rspecs in my 4x4 when I had one. I liked the flexibility of being able to move them around to maximize coverage.

3 Likes

A lot of us run HLG and there are other top tier lights out there. But none of them are cheap. And they never have been cheap/cost effective. My early LPS and HPS lights cost more than HLG does now. You had to buy the fixture, ballast, reflector and bulb. And the bulbs still to this day don’t last as long as people want to think. So if you wanted to stay at the top of your grow you replaced the bulbs every grow and the ballast and reflector every third or fourth grow. And even if you used SLMR wire you had to rewire them here and there because they cooked the wiring and caused voltage droop and screwed resistance and such.

5 Likes