4x2 Tent running hot

Just started my first grow its a 4x2 vivosun with 2 with unit farm UFS3000 leds with a ac infinity cloudline t6. Tent is running at 86-87 with the probe 18 inches under the 2 lights with the probe in the corner away from the lights its running 81-82 degrees. Humidity is roughly 50% are these temperatures to hot for growing 2 autoflowers?

5 Likes

Low 80s is fine. Up to 90F is okay. Over that is pushing your luck. The best way to decrease temp is to increase airflow.

Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. Will a small circulating fan help some?

3 Likes

It will, yes. The more airflow, the better.

3 Likes

Hey @TrapPlay26 ! Welcome to the forum! I’m still a noob, myself when it comes to growing, but I also have some 2x4 tents and no working A/C unit to cool things down. The summer temps in my tents are up near 90 degrees on real hot days. At that point, I set my AC Infinity 6" exhaust to kick on at power level 6 any time the heat goes above 84 degrees or higher than 65% humidity. I can’t say for sure that these girls like those hot days, but I do make sure to give them a bit more water on days where I know the temps will be up there. On normal days the temps stay in the mid to low 80s, and when the lights are off between noon and 6 pm, the temps are basically around outdoor ambient temperatures. In both of my tents, I have 3 small fans that are not oscillating. They are set to medium speed (low, med, high), and when needed, I soak a microfiber towel in water to keep the humidity from dropping too low. I’ve only been in this for about 2-3 months, but this routine has worked well for me.

3 Likes

Sounds awesome Ohio ill keep tabs on your grow. Thanks brother

2 Likes

Any fan helps. I use a hospital clipon fan that I used on my bed, I asked what do u do with this fan? Throw it away! So I took it home, now its in our tent
@MidwestGuy @TrapPlay26 @OhioIndoorGrower @Newt

4 Likes

I use the new AC Infinity clip-on’s in my 2x4. The two in the top oscillate, the two in the bottom do not:

7 Likes

Good looking plants whats those fans running cost wise? Feel they are worth it?

2 Likes

Yes. Worth every penny. The oscillating ones are $50, and the non’s are $40, I believe. And if you Google AC Infinity discount code, you’ll likely find one.

3 Likes

Imho, measure temp at the top of canopy. Mine always runs at 82/83.

2 Likes

@Newt Ohh man do I like the look of those ACI fans! :heart_eyes_cat:

The Plants, toO!! Gorgeous!

2 Likes

They work very well!

3 Likes

Thanks, Growmie! If you have a log, let me know and I’ll keep tabs, too!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m really impressed with ACI gear, so far. The design, function, even the packaging, is all really slick and modern looking.

2 Likes

Those look like beauties

1 Like

Thanks! They went into Grove bags about a half hour ago.

2 Likes

I’ve been struggling with temps and humidity and I think I may have some advice for you. I’m gonna write a thread in a sec.

2 Likes

@TrapPlay26 Quick thread for controlling VPD and heat control

Check this out, let me know if you have any questions or if you take any of the advice :))

2 Likes

I like your setup… nice! Have the same system, less two 8" fans.

I think my 8" fans are hidden…

3 Likes