4th grow, ILGM fems Maui Wowie/Gold Leaf/Cali Dream/Chronic Widow three-stage perpetual grow attempt, indoor, soilless

I hear that. Trimming is great work, but it’s also tedious work and can take a l-o-n-g time.

1 Like

@orock98 If you are looking at LEDs for a 2x4 space, check out he QB132s above. It cost me less than $250 and is more than enough light to flower that footprint.

Great job @sixpackdad. I’m hoping for those kind of results this time around. They look awesome. Took two weeks after I got the GL into jars to get rid of the cut grass smell. But then it took on a nice skunky aroma. Nice head and pretty potent. The Big Bud has taken longer to come around. They all burn great.

1 Like

It’s drop day today for 4 Cali Dream Fems from my ILGM Premium mix pack. Having had only 50% successful germination on my last batch of Chronic Widow, I have am trying a recommendation of adding a few drops of H2O2 to the 5.8 pH’d water. I am also going to try some rapid rooters this time around, as opposed to going directly in my Roots Organics original potting soil after the seeds’ 24-48 hour soak.

The MW clones went the week without TLC while I was in NY. Six days without water led to one of them have some hanging leaves that rebounded once watered. All pots were alarmingly weighless. The PPMs going in were 750 and coming out was 700, so basically they were starving and dehydrated. There is some nutrient deficiency discoloration in the leaves, but not alarming.

The WPM situation wasn’t good either and a significant amount of leaf cleaning was required for all plants.

I am also really struggling to keep the humidity up and they are close to the LEDs. You can see some of this impact on the curling jagged edges. I was considering finishing these ladies off in this 5’ tall tent to see how they do under the QB132s, but the LED may be to close for their own good and I need to consider moving them into the tall room. The buds are filling in nicely, but they seem to be growing oddly up near the light.

5 Likes

Yea there starting to foxtail because the intensity of the light is so great it’s not nescarilly s bad thing but will make your buds grow new growth and could shoot new pistills out to fool you look deep for ripening inspection if there foxtailing

1 Like

My edges were doing that as well but under 800 watts of hps in a 3x4 area but had lights at light 24" some got within 20 and the edges started curling up and getting magnesium def because how much they were eating with the high amounts of light so concentrated … I’m glad I noticed that on yours because I thought It was a heat thing but obviously it’s not if you getting it with led is that u der the QBs

1 Like

Here are the Cali Dreams. Four seeds were soaked for 48 hours and put in rapid rooters. Two are up and established. One died with just the tap root exposed - it withered and fell off. One is still in there. I had to remove its shell and probably waited too long to do so. It’s really trying to give it a go, but I don’t know if the cotyledons will make it abover ground.

Here are the MW Clones. Tonight was their first dosage of “boost/bloom” combo. There will be two weeks of boost/bloom, then depending on the trichomes, I’ll go with one more week of bloom, or just transition to water. So about three to four weeks left.

I have moved from individually washing leaves with H202/water solution to just hosing them down with spray. Tonight they got sprayed thoroughly. You can see some leaf tacoing and discoloration. This is from a combo of the H2O2, being too close to the QBs, and low humidity.

The buds are super dense, sticky, and dank smelling.

4 Likes

What light do you have?

1 Like

I have a couple of different lamps. The Maui Wowies in the pics above are under a lamp made of four QB132 3K V2 boards on a 240w/1700a driver. The Chronic Widows are now under 2-QB288 3K V2 boards on a 240w/2100a driver and a 1500wchip blurple. My new Cali Dreams will soon be under a QB304 4K V1 on a 120w/1050a drvier for their vegetative phase.

Ok looks good

@WickedAle

The nasties made it into the environment at some point during my muai wowie scrog in a 3x4 converted shower stall. I’ve struggled to eliminate it since. Since my most recent harvest, the shower stall and all equipment have been cleaned head to toe with bleach and I won’t SCROG anymore. My youngest grow, chronic widows, has been moved in there. They have had one spot ID’d on them and have been treated with H2O2 a few times.

My remaining MWs have WPM from cross contamination from prior grows. They are isolated and I don’t deal with them until I am done with whatever I need to do with the CWs for the day. Once I harvest the MWs, I need to break down that tent and bleach it and the equipment.

I need to shut down my grow, clean thoroughly, and restart in clean space before I’ll be free of it.

1 Like

howdy Dad, hope this helps…
bleach will not stop WPM, try a sulfur based product and lower the ambient RH and get more air circulation in the grow area (~40% is good), this is the only way to prevent WPM from returning.!!

i’d suggest cleaning everything with sulfur between every grow.
when i get time i m gonna look over your journal and see the grow specifics.

good luck Dad and nice looking harvest.!!

1 Like

Actually bleach is one of the most effective sanitizers on the planet, but it needs to be in liquid form to be effective so residence time depending on the concentration is necessary. Unfortunately the bathroom is probably the worst places to grow in the house. Problem is the bathroom being constantly moist has fungal and bacterial spores everywhere that have built up over time that are very difficult to kill. They are literally on EVERYTHING. Yes including your toothbrush. To completely eliminate all spores from the environment you would have remove everything not nailed down and sanitize those items with bleach and also to wet spray EVERY inch of the room including the ceiling with bleach solution to be effective. Duct all air out of the room and not recirculate the air. Your bathroom ceiling fan is worthless as it likely does not have the suction power necessary to completely create a negative pressure environment inside the bathroom. I would suggest finding another 4x4 space to grow, but if you are in the bathroom I suspect other room is at a premium.

1 Like

Oh, but I forgot to say…Bleach being so effective can also oxidize and damage some surfaces and will etch and rust metals. Any residual bleach should be rinsed or wiped off of anything that will come in contact with the plant or be consumed by humans.

1 Like

It was a bleach solution and the scrubbing included the ceiling, walls, floors, cabinet doors, inside the cabinets, drawers, drawer runners, toilet, sink, mirror, behind the mirror, shower head and hose, etc. All equipment (except the QB lamp) was dunked into a bleach solution and wiped down. The lamps were carefully wiped down to avoid the LEDs themselves. It’s was close to sanitary as it was going to get to ride out the existing grow. It is not a functioning bathroom, so it doesn’t have stuff we wash and bath with and the moisture level with typical human use isn’t there. Ventilation isn’t circulated, air is drawn in from the attic and vented to the outside with an inline fan.

Regardless, as you note, the spores are effing everywhere at this point. Way beyond the bathroom. My house has WPM. Despite precautions I am taking, there’s no stopping it from getting back in.

I have a 4x4 tent that was delivered from Amazon today. I’ll ride out the existing plants in the current locations. Space is a premium, there’s eight of us in the house. It was the spare shower or the basement. There’s a convenience factor to the shower - readily available water and drainage were nice for a coco grow where I water every other day or so to significant runoff. The basement will come with it’s challenges to, but at this point, the pros outwiegh the cons and I need a cntl-alt-del on the whole setup.

Check out and vote for my Gold Leaf for ILGM March 2019 bud of the month!

1 Like

@Sixpackdad I don’t mind the advertising especially when its on your own thread but try not to bombard other peoples threads with it but good luck great strategy

2 Likes

Thanks @SlowOldGuy

It seems that once it’s made its roots into the plants leaves, it’s in like a tick. With my MWs in the 2x4 tent, I’ve got the humidity down to 40 (or lower) and I actually have reduced circulation in the tent (intake/exhaust gqegonly, no fan to blow leaves) to try to keep spores from flying around. It’s helped but the stuff just keeps showing up.

I’m going to look into the sulfur options. H2O2 has kept it at bay but doesn’t seem to wipe it out. I need to harvest, shut down, and overhaul my op, starting with a thorough house and equipment cleaning.

I won’t sound my trumpets in other people threads @hogmaster :slight_smile:
Thanks for checking in and hope all is well.

u can cut ventillation down to a minimum to maintain temps/RH, but air circulation inside the grow area actually combats the mildew.!

Sulfur is the only thing that worked for me long term, peroxide and bleach seemed to work temporarily and it always came back within several days.
they make a Sulfur burner for large areas if u end up having to do your whole house.

1 Like