48x48x80 tent users plz help w size

What’s the tallest you’ll let ur plants grow before starting to flower right away in a 48x48x80” tent?

MY RUN INFO:

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? A: Indoor 48x48x80” tent 5 plants only.
  2. Otigin of seeds? A: Gb
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? A: Fems. photoperiods 18/6.
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? A: tap. Dechlorinated in 5 gal bucket w air stone 24/7. 8.4tap ph before gh ph down to 6.5
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? 6.5 gh ph down used.
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. A: soil. FF oceanforest & happyfrog 50/50 mix w 5% coco added also a bit more of perlite and wormcastings
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. A: Gaia green 444&284 50/50mix only 1 tbsp each & bit of wormcastings.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. A: spiderfarmer sf4000 40% 24ish” 132watts above tops of plants.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? A: 68-70 night. 71-77 day drafts make this hard to control.
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?26-32
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No? A: no.
  14. How long have you been growing? A: First timer. On week 4 veg.
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? A: Cheap as possible for essentials only w longevity.
2 Likes

I kinda figure almost a double in stretch. Also are you topping/fimm/lst etc. All have a part in in height. Need space from light after stretch.

2 Likes

That is a tall tent, wish i would have gotta the taller one. Photos tend to grow double in size after you flip, so kinda eyeball what u think but have to be sure your light is counted in there. Happy days!

1 Like

I have this tent size and its still to short for my Sativa plants which have hit 8’ tall. I want to either do a 4x8 or another 4x4. Probably do the latter.

Please add a photo in natural light or a camera flash. :+1:

1 Like

You should also take into consideration how deeply your lights can penetrate the canopy to get to lower sites. If the light isn’t strong enough to produce decent buds on the lower growth what’s the point of having a 4ft tall plant if only the top foot and a half has decent quality bud?
I can do that flipping a plant that’s a foot and half tall and I don’t spend weeks growing stems.

2 Likes

Raise ur light all the way up as high as it goes. Throw a lot in there on a riser like it would set. Now measure between top of pot and bottom of light. Let plant grow to about half the height or less of what u have. Plants basically double or more in flower stretch but there is always lst to help keep everything low for u to get more out of the plant.